Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collinsdarkwah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2018, 05:59 PM
    Mechanics
    A train at station P accelerates uniformly from rest until it attains a speed of 100 km/h. It then continues at the speed for some time and decelerates uniformly until it come to a stop at a station Q 60 km from P. The total time taken for the journey is on hour. If the rate of deceleration is twice that of the acceleration. Calculate the:

(I) Time taken during the constant speed is maintained

(ii) Acceleration of the train

A train at station P accelerates uniformly from rest until it attains a speed of 100 km/h. It then continues at the speed for some time and decelerates uniformly until it come to a stop at a station Q 60 km from P. The total time taken for the journey is on hour. If the rate of deceleration is twice that of the acceleration. Calculate the:

(I) Time taken during the constant speed is maintained

(ii) Acceleration of the train
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2018, 08:15 PM
    Better get started, site rules require you to show your work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Further mechanics [ 1 Answers ]

In a rollercoaster, for a passenger to remain in contact with his seat, the centripetal force must equal the weight. Why is this?

Elementry mechanics [ 2 Answers ]

please I need help urgently ( 1.) A passenger in a moving car and a passerby standing at the road side see each other as moving in the opposite direction. Which of the following is not true?< The passenger is in motion relative to the passer-by The passer-by is stationery relative to the...

Ear mechanics [ 0 Answers ]

Just I want to know the holly mechanism of person to hear?

Any mechanics out there that can help me? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Lincoln Navigator and lately it has been making this squeaky noise when I drive slow and seems to be getting worse.I am unable to take it to be fixed right now so I just wanted to see if maybe someone knows what it might be.The noise I'm not sure what side it is coming from but it...

Solid mechanics [ 1 Answers ]

How long must a force F be applied to a mass M to change the velocity of the mass by 2 m/s if · F = 1471 N · M = 153 kg

View more questions Search