Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chelsea12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2018, 05:06 AM
    How long are deposits on building work legally binding
    On the 14th March 2018 we put in an order in for an extension to add on to our exsisting extension. The company who we went with is fairly local as we thought we would like to give local businesses work where we could. We paid £15,000 deposit and we were given notice of planning permission on 15th June2018. Since then we have been given building and installation dates starting 5th October 2018. So far a patio door has been removed and the cavity blocked up. Today. A builder was supposed to have started on 8th October 2018 but that was delayed until 11th today, and I have received a telephone call to say people have rang in sick so no builder available. They will ring me back when they know more details. Do we have any come back as we have signed an agreement albeit 7 months ago.

Regards

Carole Manning

Check out some similar questions!

Not all signatures/Legally binding lease? [ 3 Answers ]

Husband and I own a home. He apparently leased it to a woman he was having an affair with. I just found out about all of this. I didn't even know she was living there. Since I didn't sign the lease, is it still binding? She says the lease states she can stay there until August 2014. On top of that...

Apartment contract legally binding? [ 3 Answers ]

If I signed a leasing contract, which specifically says On the paper that the term of the contract is later in the year, is it still legally binding?

Are deposits legally binding [ 7 Answers ]

My son paid a deposit for a car,the seller has now changed his mind, he also signed a hand written receipt, my son still wants the car

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.