Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jax1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2018, 04:14 AM
    Prescription Question
    Say a dr writes two prescriptions one month and only assumes they wrote one. And say you held onto that script because, well lets face it, doctors are expensive and it's a nice safety net to hold onto. My question is, since he wrote both of them, is it illegal to get the second one filled at my usual pharmacy that I get anything else filled at. Meaning it won't overlap too early or something like that. And it is within the 6 months that a script like that is good for. Let me say that the reason I would even think about this is that its expensive to go to some doctors. The doctor should have not been such a space cadet really. Lets say that this doctor forgets and writes other peoples names on other scripts and people have had to go back and get it fixed
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2018, 06:34 PM
    How do you know the doctor only thinks, they wrote one. If you know the doctor only intended to write one, but did two in error, then if you use it, you are doing a fraud, since you know and are aware that there is only suppose to be one.

Also as a note, normally they verify the prescription with the doctors office and /or notify them of it, when they fill it. So your doctor and/or office should be aware of this.

How serious the doctor's office will take it, will depend often on what the medication is for. A high blood pressure pill ? Or a narcotic
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 11, 2018, 07:21 PM
    It would be such a simple thing to verify if it was a mistake, or done on purpose to keep you in meds. Why would you even consider taking an opportunity to technically steal a prescription? The right thing to do is ask and find out to either correct the situation, or clarify it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prescription or not [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to have a prescription from my doctor to get adipex?

Prescription question [ 0 Answers ]

I was prescribed a 10 mg valium tonight because I am having my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, I took it an hour ago and I am still wide awake, can I take one of my ambien also?

Old Prescription [ 2 Answers ]

I have medication, I do not know if it matters what kind but it is cyclobenzaprine, which is a muscle relaxer. How long is the pills good for? I will defiantly double check with my pharmacist, but would like to know if anybody here as any idea. The script I got was in July/08. I pretty much...

New prescription [ 7 Answers ]

Is it possiable my script to change this much over 2 years Old one Sph cly axis Od +100 -100 110 Os -100 -50 75 New one Od +75 +100 25

Eye prescription [ 1 Answers ]

So my vision is -2.25 in both of my eyes but I was wondering what this means in terms of 20/20?

View more questions Search