Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkstar4me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2018, 04:18 PM
    What are the pros and cons for putting my daughters car in my name. She pays insuranc
    My daughter wants to put her newer car in my name. She has taken out insurance already. What do you think?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2018, 04:25 PM
    How old is she? Does she live with you? Why does she want to do this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2018, 05:28 PM
    Sounds fraudulent to me!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2018, 06:40 PM
    If she already owns it, already has insurance on it, there is no need to change it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2018, 06:44 PM
    Insurance in who's name? You will be liable at an at fault accident. Have a personal umbrella? What is her reasoning?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2018, 07:38 PM
    Lot of legal ramifications here for you if you do it. If she runs over 20 people at a bus stop on purpose or by accident... and her insurance limit is hit... guess who they come after for the rest? YOU.

There is something here she's not telling you. And I would be VERY worried about what it is. I can't think of a single good reason she would want to do this. Some places even would bill YOU for annual personal property taxes.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 10, 2018, 10:46 PM
    Is she the main driver of the vehicle, or are you? I'd guess she is, since it's her car. She can't insure something she doesn't own. The most she can do is list herself as a part time driver of the vehicle, which means liability only. If she wants any coverage of the vehicle itself, you'd need to get that insurance, since it would be your car, not hers. In other words, you'd have to take out full coverage, then list her as a driver. You'd have to be listed as the main driver. If they find out the car isn't even in your possession, and that she's the main driver, you're looking at a lot of trouble headed your way. It's called fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pros and cons of putting a friend's car in your name [ 11 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of me putting a friend's car in my name? What things couple go wrong where trouble could come back on me?

Pros and Cons of PT vs FT [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I’ve been doing Administrative work for over 13 years and recently obtained my BA in Business Administration- Acquisitions and Contract Management. I’ve work permanent part time a little over 3 years for the same company (IT Consulting Firm). Now that I have my BA I want to venture...

Pros-cons of putting metal roof over existing shingles [ 2 Answers ]

Would there be problems with moisture,or extreme heat issues if installing a metal roof over existing shingles.

What are the Pros and Cons? [ 2 Answers ]

What are Pros and Cons If you finish a Bachelors in Nursing: In the Philippines (4years) Or In the US (LPN to RN to BSN) I am also considering the cost, landing a good job, quality of education and other factors.

Pros & Cons. [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone Please help me with this question: I am considering the nursing field. Please remember that I am asking as an outsider looking in: ADVANTAGES 1) I think this field will continue to grow so job demand should be good. 2) Flexible schedule (I think) 3) Opportunities for travel (I...

View more questions Search