Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prairielandman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2018, 09:40 AM
    Radiant Barrier in winter?
    I just bought a radiant barrier to install in the attic to keep the heat out of the attic. I was thinking about this for the summer, but its already starting to get cool where I am and was wondering... SHould I wait to install the radiant barrier until after winter so that the sun will help heat the home from and through the roof and attic during the winter? Or will the radiant barrier help keep the heat inside the home that I produce from my furnace? Thanks!

Check out some similar questions!

A/C-Furnace changeover from summer to winter/winter to summer [ 0 Answers ]

I'm in a new (to me) house. I know that to change from summer (S), to winter (W), I change the filter, move a handle from S to W and change the humidifier setting to the appropriate setting. My Qs are: 1. At what temperature levels do I make the switch from S to W and W to S 2. How do I set...

How to install radiant barrier and insulation for cathedral ceiling in W Central FL [ 10 Answers ]

I am on the West coast of Central Florida. I have 2x6 rafters, and have purchased kraft faced r19 batts of insulation, however, after some research I would like to install a radiant barrier as well. My attic gets hot... I've broken thermometers trying to figure out how hot, easily 130. Even this...

Pex with or without oxy barrier [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing Pex tubing to connect copper-tube baseboards. Do I need to use the Pex with an oxygen barrier in this application?

Moisture barrier [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a moisture/air infiltration barrier (i.e. TYVEK etc. ) is code for an outside wall (particle board) on a home in Virginia? :)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.