Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marisees05 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Soldier in Iraq
    So my friend is in iraq fighting the war. I sent him care packages and emails ever since he left. We are just friends and always will be just friends. So anyway his girlfriend has his password to his email account and lately has been checking his emails. She read his mom's email to him, his sister email to him and my email to him. Like yesterday I got an email and it totally didn't sound like him. So do you think she is responding to my emails since she has is password? And should I stop writing him because of his crazy girlfriend? I just don't want him to think that we all forgot about him you know?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
    You could always use snail mail. And get him to open a new e-mail, that she don't know about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2007, 08:56 PM
    To same him a lot of grief, ( she may well delete yours so he does not get them anyway) just write him regular mail, soldiers need our support,
    Thank you for sending care packages, it means so much to them.
    FLAMEonfire Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2007, 07:12 PM
    No Way should you stop writing just because of the girlfriend! Can you amage how you would feel if that was you in a foreign place, and in a war ? I'm sure he looks forward to ANY mail he gets. Write easy stuff in the emails for now. In the meantime { like everyone else said } write to him by regular mail and let him know what's happening. See if he has been missing your emails, ask him what HE thinks should be done. Suggest a new email address just for you guys, and anyone else that may be having the same problem with their mail. I hope it all turns out OK... Your really great to remember your friend over there. Don't stop now..
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
    It depends on what the email said. Anyway, I agree with FrChuck. During my time in Iraq, I didn't have the luxury of electricity let alone email. Send him a letter. It means so much more. It's the difference between getting an electronic birthday message in you email, and a birthday card in the mail. Hopefully, he will realize the extra effort it takes to send a real letter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 07:34 PM
    Yes, as a previous person in the military, no one that has not been there, will ever understand the importance of that hand written letter, something you can carry in your pocket, take it out and read it a 100 times when you want. Something physcial to touch and connects you back to home.

The email thing still amuses me, my son did three tours in Iraq ( one in the first conflict) in the last couple, he had access to email almost every week, sometimes from mobile centers , it just seemed strange, sitting in a war zone, hooked up to the internet. And using the cell phones of some of the news crews.

But it was still that real card, even a post card that meant the most.
    wiggitywackiraq Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

May 29, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I got to agree with the good father, and my Battle Auttajasi, send some snail mail. Maybe change the old email, make him get on his email and change the password. Either way stay a friend, and friends usually last longer than the girlfriend, so just stick with it.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 29, 2007, 01:55 AM
    How about copying the offending email into word and writing out your reply at the top of it, then print it out and send it to him via regular mail. Maybe say you're having problems with your email (your problem being his girlfriend!).

This way he'll get to know about the reply if it wasn't him replying and he'll get a nice letter! (Which I've got to say I always prefer anyway!)

As above, just stay good friends with him, I'm sure he needs them at the moment!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any specific requirements if US soldier wants to marry in US an European citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Is it true that an US citizen (in the army as sergeant) cannot get married with an EU citizen (non arabic background) before getting sort of clearance from the authorities that the person is not a spy or summat? If this is true what kind of request/paper does the American citizen...

No news from my boyfriend from Iraq [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! Can somebody help me to found some info about my boyfriend in Iraq. I have no information about him for more than one month from 09 may 2003. He is US citizen, Anatoly Dukhovny , 47 years old, was sent to Iraq(Um-Kasr) from San Diego. Thanks in advance... Lielechka

One brave soldier [ 14 Answers ]

I saw this story and thought to myself "what would other people think." so I'm posting it here and would like peoples opinions on it. Conscientious Rejector? - Kevin Sites in the Hot Zone From Yahoo! News I'll let you all know what I think in a day or two

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. I came back home in darkness with so many bandages without anybody noticing us. I have made a vow to myself to reveal the lies of those who stole my life. Here is the truth they are trying to conceal from you As casualties mount in Iraq, so has the...

I'm a soldier who lost a leg in Iraq. [ 6 Answers ]

I came back home in darkness with so many bandages without anybody noticing us. I have made a vow to myself to reveal the lies of those who stole my life. Here is the truth they are trying to conceal from you As casualties mount in Iraq, so has the monetary cost of the war. The military is...

View more questions Search