Ask
    Jabr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2018, 06:27 PM
    Hot water tank
    Can I still take a shower if my hot water tank is starting to leak
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2018, 06:29 AM
    Sure. However you may not have hot water if the flame goes out. Get it fixed before you possibly flood the house.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 7, 2018, 07:37 AM
    You MIGHT get away with a HOT shower today, But tomorrows is not promised unless you FIX that leaking hot water heater. Leaks don't fix themselves and get worse, more expensive and possibly dangerous.

I think I would make fixing the leak a priority over today's hot shower. I hate to be caught NAKED with soap in my eyes, if the small leak turns into a rupture.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 7, 2018, 11:12 PM
    It will get progressively worse. Deal with it in timely manner before it becomes an emergency

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Header tank filling to overflow through the cold water feed pipe to hot water tank [ 0 Answers ]

My cold water tank is overflowing and after turning the water off the water seems to be coming up through the cold water pipe from the hot water tank, any idea as to what could be causing this to happen?

My hot water tank is back pressuring into my cold water tank [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody help me?? I am getting hot water going into my cold water tank, and this is causing water to come out the overflow. If I run the hot water tap it stops, and then when the hot water tank has filled again, the cold water tank overflow starts again.

Replaced a hot water tank,water is not going to the pressure tank-the pump stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you Any ideas will...

How to drain water tank for Aqua flow water tank [ 0 Answers ]

Have a lot of rusty residue in water tank in Aqua Flow water pressure tank. What is the procedure for draining and cleaning

Water pressure against tank height and tank water capacity [ 5 Answers ]

Normally the head pressure of water is .433 pounds per foot of head. Is there any change in pressure by changing the tank water capacity. e.g. if two tanks of 50ft height having water capacity of one is 10,000 gallons and other one has 20,000 gallons. What will be the water pressure difference...

View more questions Search