Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prairielandman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2018, 02:01 PM
    Carrier Weather Maker AC not turning off
    I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 that is a furnace but also controls the AC from outside and the blower and everything int the house. I was told by last HVAC gentleman that the AC wouldn't turn off without turning the "Cut-off" switch off to the whole system, otherwise the AC continues to run without stopping. I actually rode it out like this for two years, testing out electric heat and yes my electric bills soared, but I finally bought the correct ICM replacement motherboard as he said I would need to correct the issue. I have put in the new motherboard, connected everything right as best I could and... its doing the same thing. I can actually get the heater to turn on (no gas hooked back up yet) but the AC is running too! I would appreciate any help! THanks! ZEE
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 5, 2018, 05:35 PM
    Tell me about your THERMOSTAT.

https://www.thecoolingco.com/blog/st...-wont-turn-off

https://aristair.com/blog/ac-trouble...unning-system/
    prairielandman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2018, 05:33 AM
    The thermostat is a "totaline" programmable thermostat that I can switch between cool, heat or off. The AC turns on and blows cold air even when the thermostat is turned off. I have to turn the kill switch next to themachine to stop the AC. I am glad I put in the next motherboard just as the old one was in, but disappointed that this didn't fix the issue. Bought a 200 board for nada lol. Oh well. Any help is appreciated.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2018, 12:52 PM
    The experts here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would go to the furnace and where the thermostat wires go to the screw terminals there disconnect the RED wire.
    If your unit still runs with this wire disconnected it would indicate a fault internal to the main board or furnace internal wiring, otherwise if it doesn't run it would point to the thermostat or thermostat wiring. ***updated***

Note: I'm a "handy guy"™ but not an expert.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 not turning on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000. It will not turn on. The thermostat can call for Cool or for Heat, but nothing happens at the furnace. The status light is a sold red, meaning it should be fine. I'm getting 24v for all of the wires at the thermostat and at the furnace. Any ideas, please?

Carrier weather maker [ 1 Answers ]

My weather maker 8000 is driving my crazy. Keep getting code33 I have changed filters cleaned flame sensor took flame roll out switch off connectors and taped together. It will start it's sequence and flames come on and seems like it's going to work but after a little bit it pops again and code 33...

Carrier weather maker sx won't start [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace will not start. Had a leak in pipe by furnace and heard a small pop in furnace. Furnace did not get wet maybe just damp or a small drip Now switched it on and nothing. Is there a rest switch? Any suggestions?

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into a home and have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 gas furnace. Most of the time the furnace works well but at times it comes on many times in a row and in short intervals?? It ignites for only 1 minute at a time but at least 20 times in a row, this doesn't seem a regular operation. ...

Carrier Weather Maker 800 need minor fix [ 4 Answers ]

I had a maintenace contract for my Carrier Weather Maker 8000. It was working perfectly. The maintenance contractor is always trying to sell me either a new air conditioner or a furnace because the units should be "very old". Actually they are eight year old and are working perfectly. Last visit...

View more questions Search