Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bent5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2018, 11:59 AM
    Retaining wall
    Hi. I am building a retaining wall 54 ft long 3 ft tall in my sloped backyard. The city told me I need a permit. They already inspected the digging and footing. It passed. No problem
    The wall is going to have 4 lines of cinderblock to reach 3 ft height.
    The city told me to build only 3 lines of cinderblock for my next inspection. I did. But they told me to do my horizontal bond beam with grout stop under it.

They don't give me more details. Forgive my ignorance. Maybe it is a stupid question but I have to ask anyway.

This horizontal bond beam is the rebar all along the top of the 3rd line of blocks I built. And do I have to pour concrete mix in all the blocks and leave this rebar on top exposed it.

Thank you in advance.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2018, 12:45 PM
    Then ask the inspector to clarify. We don't know where you live.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2018, 08:58 PM
    They make special block to run the rebar through. Search bond beam. Rebar is centered on the hollow, surrounded by grout. These are needed when there is no perpendicular interface.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I properly build a retaining wall/stucco wall with wood [ 1 Answers ]

I don't want to use the block/bricks to build a retaining wall, but I would rather frame the retaining wall with wood to construct columns and other feathers (possible insert water fountain into construction). Using rebar to tie in the retaining wall to the existing slab/foundation so that is...

Retaining Wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have a block retaining wall approx 1.5 metres in height and 12 metres in length. It was rendered and then painted. The paint and even some of the render is now flaking off (in some areas through to the scratchcoat) I suspect the blocks have no membrane down the back of them or a suitable...

Retaining wall [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one till me if I can see some vidos on it

Retaining wall [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I have a 1.9 metre drop in elevation from my grade line on my home to the back alley and was wondering what the specs of lumber has to be tobuild a retaining wall, sections will still be 8 feet. What size posts and what thickness of planks do I have to use, and finally how far up towards...

Do I need a retaining wall? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Sorry for the long post... I've just had a 15x24 ft above ground pool installed. There is a slope of about a foot, so at one end the pool is ground level, and a foot in-ground at the other. The guys working for the pool installer say they're finished the job, but they've left a 1 foot...

View more questions Search