Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wyatt-John Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2018, 08:50 PM
    Limited warranty deed Arkansas
    Can you sell timber on land you have purchased from Arkansas Commissoner of State Lands after receiving a limited warranty deed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2018, 07:18 AM
    A limited warranty deed is a deed that is warranted for only the time the seller has owned the property. Normally this is a bank or something like that that has taken over the deed and is only giving notice that the deed is free of encumbrances for only the period the grantor owned it.

So may I "assume" you have done a complete title search (with a title company or attorney) who knows there is no deed issues from previous owners, and have checked there are no issues with ownership of the timber on the property ?

A limited warranty deed is still a deed you are owner of the land, but the seller did not guarantee that the title was free and clear from previous owners before hilm, who may later sue you, claiming they are the real legal owners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sell my land in Arkansas with a limited warranty deed? [ 2 Answers ]

Three years ago I bought land in Arkansas and received a limited warranty deed, can this property be sold with a limited warranty deed?

Limited Warranty Deed in Arkansas [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a lot in Arkansas at a tax sale. The redemption period has passed and I have received a Limited Warranty Deed from the state of Arkansas. If I understand it properly this type of deed does not warrant the title (which surprises me.) When I sell the property would the appropriate...

Limited warranty deed vs. A general warranty deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a piece of property in order to build a home on in the future. The seller will be providing a Limited Warranty Deed vs. a General Warranty Deed. Is a lender or bank going to have a problem with this when I go to get my construction loan? Is there something I should know or ask before...

What is a Limited Warranty Deed [ 1 Answers ]

What is a Limited Warranty Deed?

Difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed?

View more questions Search