Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2018, 07:01 PM
    Polaris xplorer 300 timing
    I just completed some work on my polaris xplorer 300. New piston, rings, and cylinder sleeve. Replaced all top end gaskets and at least one seal. The engine cranks and has spark, but it acts like it is out of time. This atv has electric start as well as a recoil starter. How do I go about checking the timing on this atv?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2018, 01:21 PM
    It’s likely controlled by an Ignition Control Module (ICM). Get hold of a Haynes manual and check it out.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2018, 07:47 AM
    If you did all that, would hope you have the Service Manual. If Not, it is a good Investment, Can save a lot of Time and Money. Good Luck. None of what you did should have affected timing. How's your fuel, maybe try quick blast of Starting Fluid. Don't try too keep running with it, it just verifies a need for fuel. Good Luck

If you did all that, would hope you have the Service Manual. If Not, it is a good Investment, Can save a lot of Time and Money. Good Luck. None of what you did should have affected timing. How's your fuel, maybe try quick blast of Starting Fluid. Don't try too keep running with it, it just verifies a need for fuel. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 polaris 500 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

OK... so I have a 1996 Polaris 500 4x4. It was working fine it had a little bit of problems holding the battery though. So I would have to pull start it but one time when I pull started it the string wouldn't go back in but it started and it started to make a loud clanking/grinding noise from...

How do I set my timing with a timing light on a 95 Accord? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set the timing with a timing lite on a 95 accord

P0401 and p0402 on my xplorer 02. Change mg egr valve and sensor but still the check [ 4 Answers ]

Engine light still on. What else should I do. Clean the hoses too

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

Polaris won't start [ 1 Answers ]

4 stroke 425 4x4 magnum. It began by not starting, but try again in 20 min. or so and would start fine. The 20 min. wait time kept getting longer until now it won't start even with a little shot of ether. This progressed over a period of 4 months.

View more questions Search