Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMeek217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2018, 04:26 PM
    How does Baldwin’s novel depict the challenges African American families face?
    How does author James Baldwin’s novel "Go Tell it on the Mountain" depict the challenges African American families face?

I am writing a five page essay that must answer this question and I am struggling with my thesis. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 2, 2018, 04:35 PM
    Go Tell It on the Mountain is clearly a social critique of the black experience in conflict with a white society.
    JMeek217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2018, 04:42 PM
    Wondergirl, yes that is correct. But [FONT=Arial, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]unfortunately that does not answer my question. I am looking for broad or specific reasons from the book. Example: Baldwin's novel depicts the challenges black families face through racism, poverty, etc. In the book in mentions how John the main character thinks that their house is always dirty and gross. This is an example of poverty, which is a challenge many blacks faced. Johns family can not afford to buy a new home so they must live in the cheap, old, dirty home they live in now. [/COLOR][/FONT]
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 2, 2018, 05:03 PM
    Have you read the book?

A dirty house is not indicative of poverty. I grew up poor and never lived in a dirty house. A dirty house is usually a sign of laziness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

African American dark areaS on face [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ,this is my first time asking a question. I am an african american woman with deep brown skin. I have very dark areas beside my nose and on my cheeks. I am now also developing dark areas on my chin.I've tried many types of over the counter skin lighteners, but none worked. Do you think a...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

View more questions Search