Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amaryllis Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Skin abnormality; medical-ish, unnatural, not to do with tanning.
    This is kind of embarrassing and gross, but whatever. :p

Kay kay. I have this... growth... in my left armpit. o_O; I’ve had it twice before there in about the same spot, once in my right. Its diameter is about the size of a dime, it hurts--a lot--when it’s rubbed or touched by something, and it pops out at the most about, what, half a millimeter or so? It usually stays for a veeeery long time before going away by itself (at least two months, probably more... ) without me doing anything, but if there’s a way to make it go away faster or anything I shouldn’t do to it, I’m all ears. :D It’s annoying since every time I move my left arm, it hurts; besides, it’s kind of awkward. :o ;

Some other info that might come in handy (probably won’t... ): I typically don’t use deodorant/anti-perspirant since I don’t need it; I shave every two days or so regularly (which I can’t now because I can’t do it without hurting myself); and I’ve been eating way too much fatty, junky food lately.

What I’ve done so far: 4/15/07-discovered, did nothing. Grew bigger? 4/16/07-slathered some Tiger Balm on it, slapped a Band-Aid on (like it’s going to do anything :p; ), overnight. Didn’t help. 4/17/07-wrapped it tightly overnight. Didn’t seem to really help. 4/18/07-wrapped it semi-tightly for the night. Seems to be little smaller today and not hurt as much; could be my imagination.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much for taking time~ I really appreciate it!
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 18, 2007, 08:59 PM
    It sounds like you just might have a cyst which can sometimes be caused by shaving or certain deodorants or bacterial infections. Have you just recently started shaving the past couple of years or less? I got a cyst in my armpit when I was in 5th grade and I think my doctor gave me an antibiotic for it. Anyway, you really need to go to the doctor to get it checked out to make sure it is nothing serious. In the meantime, take some Ibuprofen and wash with something gentle like Cetaphil.

Apr 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Ah, thank you so much for replying! :D Yes, I've only starting shaving around two years ago--could you please tell me how does that affect this.. It's gone down recently, so it'll probably be okay if I don't go to a doctor. ^__^
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 27, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Well I'm not a professional or anything. As far as recently shaving-I think your body has to get used to this-I really don't know. I have read this before. I think you'll be okay. Armpits are sensitive areas. Make sure you shave up and down as your hairs on your armpits grow in different directions. Rinse your razor after each stroke and use shaving cream or conditioner before each stroke.

Apr 28, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Okay, I will. Thank you! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's movie late 80's ish... [ 8 Answers ]

I remember watching a film when I was younger and I can't remember the name of it. It was animated, and had green goblin type creature things in it with pointy ears. The main character was male, and he wore a brown pair of short and a white shirt or something. At the beginning of the film, he...

Yellow-ish smelly discharge [ 5 Answers ]

For the past two months I have been having a yellowish discharge. It is very smelly to. I don't know what it is I don't know what to do. Im scared to contact my doctor because I'm afraid she will tell my mother about it please help me

Tanning [ 2 Answers ]

OK... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work... so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine,...

Vitiligo and tanning [ 7 Answers ]

I have Vitiligo on about 40% of my body (for those of you who don't know, it means that those areas are without pigmentation). I would like to walk around with a nice, deep tan (I live in Florida). Could you recommend any skin stains and such that I could use, which would last a long time? ...

Brow-ish puss from Belly button... [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find this brown-ish puss around and inside my belly button , doesn't happen everyday but I sometimes find it when I'm getting dressed in the morning. My belly button is not peirced and it doesn't really hurt... this pus also has a terrible smell so id be more than happy to get rid of...

View more questions Search