Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 4, 2018, 03:46 PM
    I find it interesting that you would rather delve and decry my veiws on abortion rather than debate the new revelations in the Kavanaugh nomination process. Item one people are coming out of the woodwork ready to tell their stories and no FBI agents to tell it to or even be assessed as credible, and item two, as a contrast to his rave reveiws from HS classmates, the ABA and thousands of law professors around the country have come out against his nomination.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c6d6c2f336b8

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f902f4169acb

And

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mo...ech-2018-10-04
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2018, 04:03 PM
    yawn its over . the only thing that would've made the FBI investigation more thorough wouldve been had they did additional investigations on Dr Fraud's backround. Did you ever consider to ask why they were able to wrap it up in a couple days ? Because they had already investigated all the BS accusations .He was entrusted to carry the nuclear football when he worked for Bush . That doesnt just happen to anyone. That requires extensive vetting .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2018, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yawn its over . the only thing that would've made the FBI investigation more thorough wouldve been had they did additional investigations on Dr Fraud's backround. Did you ever consider to ask why they were able to wrap it up in a couple days ? Because they had already investigated all the BS accusations .He was entrusted to carry the nuclear football when he worked for Bush . That doesnt just happen to anyone. That requires extensive vetting .
    So he lied back then too.

Only nine people were questioned this time. Not Kavanaugh or his former classmates and none of his accusers.

His judicial temperament leaves something to be desired....
    Expert

Oct 4, 2018, 04:31 PM
    I doubt it stops with the vote, and knowing dufus, he has another drama all ready to go. Probably not as good as Yankees vs Boston, but LOUD no doubt.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2018, 06:49 PM
    "The American Bar Association on Friday awarded Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh its highest rating, giving the judge a unanimous “well-qualified” score.
    “The rating of ‘Well Qualified’ is reserved for those found to merit the Committee’s strongest affirmative endorsement,” the ABA states in its description of the ranking process."

Well yeah, but Julie Swetnick said he was a gang rapist, so it just has to be true!!

If Trump is a dufus, then we need a lot more dufuses in the federal government. Economy doing great, much better than it was under Obama!
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2018, 06:56 PM
    I find it interesting that you would rather delve and decry my veiws on abortion rather than debate the new revelations in the Kavanaugh nomination process. Item one people are coming out of the woodwork ready to tell their stories and no FBI agents to tell it to or even be assessed as credible, and item two, as a contrast to his rave reveiws from HS classmates, the ABA and thousands of law professors around the country have come out against his nomination.
    You'll have to do a lot better than those three lame columns about Kavanaugh. The last read, in part, "The Washington Post reports that more than 1,200 law professors have signed a letter saying that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial restraint at a Senate hearing last week — behavior that would be disqualifying for any court nominee."

First of all, they were doubtless 1200 liberal, democrat law professors. It can also be said that those 1200 law professors have never had such a contemptible pack of lies spread about them as was done with Kavanaugh. I imagine it took a lot of restraint not to beat the living crud out of those holier than thou democrat senators, all content to associate with Cory Booker who has openly admitted to doing basically the same thing Kavanaugh was accused of doing. If there was ever a greater demonstration of the pathetic plight of the democrat party, I don't recall seeing it.
    Expert

Oct 4, 2018, 07:15 PM
    Ask and you will receive... sometimes!

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/jo...-confirmation/

Liberal he ain't.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-for-kavanaugh

Better?
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2018, 07:34 PM
    Below I am linking all the articles that show material evidence that Kavanaugh is guilty. I am also linking all the articles that tell how CB got to the party, where the party was located, the date of the party, and how she was driven home to her house several miles away. There are also articles to explain how her three witnesses all said her recollection of their involvement was entirely accurate.

nothing to be found!

Might point out that there is as much evidence to show that Tal assaulted CBF as there is to show that Kavanaugh did it. In other words, there is no evidence. Doesn't matter to you, but it does matter to people who still believe in justice.

I should also link the many comments you doubtless have made calling for FBI investigations into the crimes of Cory Booker and Keith Ellison. Being a fair minded person, you have doubtless done so as a matter of fairness and honesty. Sadly, they don't seem to exist.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2018, 10:57 PM
    You know I think I recall being at that party, no wait, I'm older than Kavanaugh so it couldn't be me
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2018, 03:01 AM
    More bad news for liberals: "The Supplemental Background Investigation confirms what the Senate Judiciary Committee concluded after its investigation: there is no corroboration of the allegations made by Dr. Ford or Ms. Ramirez".

That is the same conclusion that would be reached with anyone having even half a brain and a few teaspoons of objectivity.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jud...t-on-kavanaugh
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2018, 03:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That is the same conclusion that would be reached with anyone having even half a brain and a few teaspoons of objectivity.
    Hello j:

Objectivity???? Dude! They conducted the investigation with BLINDERS on.. You're NOT gonna find corroboration if you don't LOOK for corroboration.. Of course, it didn't solve a thing.. Without a REAL investigation, Kavanaugh is gonna be forever TAINTED.. The court will be TAINTED... And, the right wing will be TAINTED...

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2018, 04:06 AM
    Over the seven background checks, there have been over 150 people interviewed. There have been countless records checks. The one glaring issue that the Dems could have focused on was his prior statement about there being no requirement to investigate a sitting President or words to that affect. But they chose to dwell on things that have been proven as having no basis for fact. They goaded him into getting angry over the slanders to his credibility and character and then say he doesn't have the temperament . I get him . I'm half Irish and with charges like the ones he had to confront last week ,I would've needed to be restrained .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2018, 04:48 AM
    Over the seven background checks, there have been over 150 people interviewed. There have been countless records checks. etc.

Trump LIED that the FBI investigation was no-holds-barred while he knew damn well that McGahn was limiting the FBI as to what it could investigate. Is there anybody on this planet that doesn't know that?

Why won't the WH reveal the instructions it gave to the FBI? And that it was limited as to who it was allowed to interview. Trump used the big lie again as he has been doing for years. When you guys lie down with dogs, you're going to get up with fleas. You don't even have a Republican Party anymore. It's now Trump's Party - lock, stock and barrel. Only the name hasn't changed yet.

Kavanaugh is dirty as hell notwithstanding his faux protests on right-wing media. He has clearly revealed his prejudices against "leftists" and Clinton supporters, among others. This alone disqualifies him from serving on the High Court. He is not able to render an objective decision based on law. Being "Irish" is NOT an excuse and is probably the silliest thing I've seen here where silliness abounds.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2018, 05:51 AM
    I would've needed to be restrained .
    Hello tom:

You're not being considered for the highest court in the land.. If it woulda be me, I'da called 'em all sorts of names.. But, it's not either of us..

You might have needed to be restrained, but you would NOT have gone all partisan and conspiratorial.. Look.. I've known you for a long time.. You're a right winger, but you're not NUTS.

Call me naïve, but I have an unrelenting respect for the judiciary.. I BELIEVE a judge puts partisanship away when they put the black robes on.. Oh, they don't change their ideology, but ideology is NOT partisan. I have NEVER heard an applicant for ANY judgeship in this great country of ours, resort to a partisan rant in his confirmation hearing.. That would be NEVER.. I was shocked..

Lemme add, that those were his written remarks.. He can't blame it on being wrongly accused.

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2018, 06:25 AM
    Kavanaugh is dirty as hell
    And the evidence for that is... non-existent, unless of course you consider flatulence and drinking games in a person's teen years to be evidence. All just ridiculous nonsense.

If anyone seems questionable, it's the three women who accused Kavanaugh. Both Ford and Ramierez named witnesses, all of whom promptly proceeded to dispute their claims. Can't remember when. Can't remember where. Can't remember how I got there or how I got home. Told no one about it for thirty years. Story has changed over the years. Swetnick has changed her story which is bizarre and nonsensical anyway. But it's Kavanaugh who is dirty?? I'm sorry, but you are allowing your hatred of the president and your political views to cloud your judgement.

Trump LIED that the FBI investigation was no-holds-barred while he knew damn well that McGahn was limiting the FBI as to what it could investigate. Is there anybody on this planet that doesn't know that?

Why won't the WH reveal the instructions it gave to the FBI?
    Now that's funny. Neither you nor anyone else has seen the directions given to the FBI, yet you know that McGahn limited the investigation. Wow. What magical powers you must have. You know Kavanaugh is dirty, and you know Trump lied about the investigation, but you have no evidence for either one. You know, you'd make a good democrat party senator. Are you actually Diane Finestein in real life?
    Expert

Oct 5, 2018, 07:19 AM
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2018, 07:29 AM
    Pretty accurate, Tal, pretty accurate. Makes me wonder where all this is headed.
    Expert

Oct 5, 2018, 09:11 AM
    I hope we are not headed to MORE of our daughters not trusting their fathers to believe them if they came to us without evidence of a traumatic experience. We have raised the concerns for our SONS, but in doing so are we dismissing our daughters in the process? That's my fear JL. The most hopeful thing in all this was the Kavanaugh daughters praying for Dr. Ford.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2018, 09:37 AM
    Ex I respect your faith in the institution and the flawed humans who have occupied the bench . Lifetime appointments don't make them saints ;and many have stayed on much longer than any other profession would tolerate . Justice Henry Baldwin missed the entire 1833 term, hospitalized for what was called “incurable lunacy.” He remained on the court for 11 more years.Justice Robert C. Grier could “scarcely function” due to physical and mental decline. Yet, in 1869 ; just days before Grier agreed to leave the bench,Chief Justice Salmon Chase insisted on using the incompetent justice as the decisive vote to strike down the Legal Tender Act. Justice Nathan Clifford was described by one of his colleagues as a “babbling idiot.” He refused to resign and died on the court. Ward Hunt was left speechless and paralyzed after an illness. He refused to resign because he lacked the 10 years of service needed to earn a pension. Congress passed a law granting him a special pension to get him off the court.Justice Frank Murphy joined the court in 1940, when he was 57 He was addicted to drugs, including Demerol.Murphy bought illegal drugs twice a day when he was on the court.Chief Justice Rehnquist’s staff admitted that he had developed a “physiological dependence” on painkiller Placidy. Rehnquist started at 500 milligrams a day, but the dose soon tripled, to 1500 milligrams a day.It was not until Justice Rehnquist ended up in the hospital in January 1982, and it was learned that the Justice had been "seeing things and hearing things that other people didn't see or hear." that we learned of his issues . The compliant press covered up the obvious.William O. Douglas closed out his time on the bench by dozing during arguments, addressing people by the wrong names, and speaking in non sequiturs; after his resignation, he continued to show up for work, apparently convinced that he was still on the Court. Joseph McKenna was so incompetent at the end of his term that, William Howard Taft said he once "wrote an opinion deciding the case one way when there had been a unanimous vote the other, including his own."

. This institution gave us Dredd Scott ;which pretty much guaranteed there would be a Civil War . This institution gave us Buck v Bell which codified forced sterilization. One of the icons of SCOTUS Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote in his majority opinion that .... "three generations of imbeciles are enough.") This institution gave us Korematsu which legalized concentration camps against Japanese Americans . This institution gave us Plessy which codified segregation. More recently this court in Kelo permitted the use of the Taking Clause to do a land grab from one private owner and give it to another private owner if the government deems that the 2nd private owner can make better use of the property . Wickard v Filburn and later Gonzales v Reich expanded the interstate commerce clause to give Congress the power to regulate business that is not interstate AND many non-commerce activities . Perhaps the one that created the super bureaucratic state ; Chevron v Natural Defense Council granted administrative agencies broad deference in creating regulations based on administrative interpretations of laws and thus granted administrative agencies of the executive branch broad lawmaking powers and usurping powers of Congress in turn. NFIB v Sebelius gave Congress the power to force people to buy insurance from a private provider .They did this by effectively re-writing the law written by Congress(from as penalty to a tax ) to make it agreeable to the expanded Commerce Clause . I could go on and on FCC v Propublica gave the FCC power over free speech . Lone Wolf v Hitchcock gave Congress power over native American lands and the permission to essentially break every treaty signed with the native Americans . Some of their decisions are comical like Nix v Hedden that defined tomatoes as a vegetable for taxing purposes even though a tomato is clearly a fruit. 1924 they decided that apple cider vinegar made from dried apples is not apple cider vinegar even though there is nothing different in the final products . and you know my thoughts on the infanticide that SCOTUS codified . Oh well enough of this for now . It is a flawed institution made more powerful by an unconstitutional power grab that for some reason remains uncontested . That would be an interesting case listening to SCOTUS decide on a case to restrict their power to their intended role . But as I wrote . More likely an amendment is required to change it . That is if SCOTUS doesn't rule the amendment unconstitutional .
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2018, 09:59 AM
    I hope we are not headed to MORE of our daughters not trusting their fathers to believe them if they came to us without evidence of a traumatic experience.
    Whose father is not trusting his daughter? Dr. Ford is not my daughter, and this is not about me trusting someone I don't even know in the same way that I would know and trust my daughter. You are trying to make this case a nationwide referendum on whether women get abused. That is not what this is about. It is about one man, the accusations leveled against him, and whether the evidence warrants any action. The bottom line is, the evidence does not at all support the allegations. So we should send Kavanaugh down the road because other women have, indeed, been abused? How does that help them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

View more questions Search