Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2018, 07:21 AM
    Prof. Ford passed a polygraph, and went through therapy for nothing? That was before Kavanaugh was even considered for SCOTUS. Why would she put herself and her family through this hell for nothing?
    not true . She went through therapy and designed her game plan in 2012 when there was a possibility that Romney would win and be able to appoint Kavanaugh. Why she would do this is speculation except that she has been a Democrat activist for years .

Why hasn't Kavanaugh called on the FBI, or someone to clear his name? What is he and the GOP afraid of?
    Why should he . He has passed FBI back round checks a number of times . Why should he give any weight to the allegations ? He will make his statement and his case to the Senate and the American people in testimony this week .

This is what we do know . Ford made accusations that Kavanaugh denies . The 3 people she mentions as " witnesses" are Mark Judge ;Patrick Smyth and Leland Keyser, All three deny attending the party .

Ramirez account is admittedly fuzzy due to the fact that she was drinking . 2 classmates "witness" say they heard of the incident but cannot confirm it was Kavanaugh .

Sixty-five women who said they knew Kavanaugh in high school have signed a letter emphasizing their perceptions of his integrity and decency. Over 200 women overall knowing him through high school ,college and his years in public service have vouched for his character . There is no further investigation necessary .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 07:34 AM
    Sixty-five women who said they knew Kavanaugh in high school have signed a letter emphasizing their perceptions of his integrity and decency. Over 200 women overall knowing him through high school ,college and his years in public service have vouched for his character . There is no further investigation necessary .
    You would think that would be overwhelming to anyone. If it is not, then I would wonder if that person has any real interest in justice.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 08:05 AM
    You guys don't mind if we don't just take your word for what an upstanding guy Kavanaugh is and vet him a bit closer than you did do you? Of course you mind since he is the hand picked choice of the right wing and the Dufus. That alone begs for a closer look.

Heck, we could have been done with this if the dufus and Shriveled up Chucky G would have started a week ago. With a further IMPARTIAL look into the latest allegations. The only reason I can see for not having the FBI dig deeper into it is you guys are hiding something.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 08:36 AM
    Maybe that's the REAL problem here as the Dufus led GOP appears to be the party of rich white guys who don't want to be scrutinized or held accountable and are entitled to the rewards that their power can bring them and they won't share it even with their own women. Maybe this is a partisan smear job in reaction to a partisan cover up and power grab.
    I totally agree, Tal. Inside Kavanaugh is still that teenage guy who has no respect for females, as evidenced by what he wants to do to them when (if....) he becomes a Supreme.
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 09:31 AM
    It's not OUR fault WG, the repubs don't have any women senators on the judicial committee, and are looking for a woman to do their dirty work of smearing the female who came forward in an open televised hearing. Make no mistake our side chomps at the bit to have at Kavanaugh AGAIN!

Wonder who the next woman to come out will be to smear the GOP virgin golden boy's sterling reputation (When he wasn't incoherently DRUNK that is)? Be careful or you may piss off Kellyanne.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 09:51 AM
    I totally agree, Tal. Inside Kavanaugh is still that teenage guy who has no respect for females, as evidenced by what he wants to do to them when (if....) he becomes a Supreme
    What amazing insight, that you would know so much about someone you have never even met, and about whom you know very little. 200 former high school and college classmates have stated he is a man of genuine character, but you actually believe that you somehow have the ability to make a judgement from such a distance.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 09:56 AM
    It's not OUR fault WG, the repubs don't have any women senators on the judicial committee,
    Yeah. They should have sterling characters like Kamala Harris and Diane Feinstein. I would be embarrassed to have two senators like them. Now if we could get Margaret Thatcher on board, then that would be wonderful.
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    What amazing insight, that you would know so much about someone you have never even met, and about whom you know very little. 200 former high school and college classmates have stated he is a man of genuine character, but you actually believe that you somehow have the ability to make a judgement from such a distance.
    I gave up putting people on pedestals a long time ago and you should be aware that many a hero has fallen from the ranks of mighty by how they have conducted themselves with women over the years that was covered up and unknown to the public. Ailes, O'Reilly, Weinstein, congressmen, and newscasters AND America's favorite dad Bill Cosby who got sentenced Monday.

They all had their fan clubs too until they didn't. Just a word of caution my friend. Neither of us knows the true Kavanaugh, just what we have been told, and for that consider the source. LOL, because he didn't assault the women that knew him in HS, keep in mind they didn't go to school with him.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 11:08 AM
    They all had their fan clubs too until they didn't. Just a word of caution my friend. Neither of us knows the true Kavanaugh, just what we have been told, and for that consider the source.
    That's fair enough. You might want to tell that to WG. She is the one who has found him guilty even before the trial.

because he didn't assault the women that knew him in HS, keep in mind they didn't go to school with him.
    Not sure what you mean by that. They DID go to school with him. Read below:

Not to be left out of the moment, over 100 of Kavanaugh’s high school classmates at Georgetown Preparatory School sent a letter to the White House in support of him. The office of the Press Secretary forwarded it along to Senate leadership.After describing his high school and college accomplishments, the letter lists, “Brett’s defining characteristics were his sharp intellectual ability, affable nature, and a practical and fair approach devoid of partisan purpose.”
    “These were the same traits that made him stand out at Georgetown Prep, and distinguished him on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit,” the letter continues. “He is a devoted son, husband, father and friend and despite his great achievements, he remains the same grounded and approachable person that we met in High School.”
    “Whether it is his long history of accomplishments in public service, volunteering at local civic organizations, serving meals to the less fortunate, or coaching our kids’ basketball teams, Brett has remained a ‘man for others’ through his actions and not mere words. He has consistently demonstrated his dedication to the premise that the pursuit of helping people, and not a political objective, fulfills the promise of human 2 potential and governmental purpose. This, we respectfully suggest, should be the touchstone of the inquiry that you must now conduct.”
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 11:20 AM
    I was alluding to females and not specifically his fellow rich classmates since in every example of bad or predatory behavior the subjects have all kinds of support. That seems to be the biggest factor of how these dark sides get buried from the public eye. They have enablers like all of us drunks do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 11:21 AM
    That's fair enough. You might want to tell that to WG. She is the one who has found him guilty even before the trial.
    I attended a coed CHRISTIAN college and know what my male schoolmates bragged about (and how they were able to avoid house parents and their rules). I can only imagine the stories the students at an ALL-MALE (no female classmates) prep school could tell....
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 12:13 PM
    Yes. They are rich so, of course, they are corrupt. Good grief. At any rate, would 65 women be enough for you? 65 women defend Kavanaugh as 'a good person' amid allegations | Fox News

I attended a coed CHRISTIAN college and know what my male schoolmates bragged about (and how they were able to avoid house parents and their rules). I can only imagine the stories the students at an ALL-MALE (no female classmates) prep school could tell....
    Oh yes. I see now why you are so able to make these long range judgments since, after all, you can imagine things. "Senator, we have a witness here to testify of what she has imagined." How far would that get you? Granted, it would fit right in with the so called evidence shown against Kavanaugh. Young men sometimes do bad things, so we can just agree to that assumption, but that is about a million miles away from making Kavanaugh guilty. Women have been known to lie, so does that automatically make Dr. Ford a liar?

If you want to think that Kavanaugh is guilty, then go for it, but the truth is this: You nor I know much beyond what the news media has been feeding us. It's Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill all over again, except that Hill at least had some small shred of evidence. Ford has zero. She can't even remember how she got to the party, how she got home, or whose home it was in. So we're going to go on that???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 12:31 PM
    but the truth is this: You nor I know much beyond what the news media has been feeding us.
    ...including Fox. But then there are yearbook entries, quotes from people who knew him back then, Mark Judge's books, etc.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 02:42 PM
    But then there are yearbook entries, quotes from people who knew him back then, Mark Judge's books, etc
    The yearbook entries prove nothing in connection with Ford's accusation, and when you look at quotes from people who knew him, they are overwhelmingly in his favor. Dozens and dozens and dozens of them supporting Kavanaugh. People willing to sign their name to letters supporting him. It just seems to me that the primary reason she has so much support is her gender. That and a strictly political motivation regarding his nomination. Those are pretty sorry reasons for ruining a man's reputation.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 03:01 PM
    That and a strictly political motivation regarding his nomination ... sorry reasons for ruining a man's reputation.
    I certainly don't want to return to the mentality of the '50s.
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yes. They are rich so, of course, they are corrupt. Good grief. At any rate, would 65 women be enough for you? 65 women defend Kavanaugh as 'a good person' amid allegations | Fox News
    You could find millions that didn't know the dark side of the people I mentioned above, so that dog don't hunt and to be clear I never equated being rich with being corrupt, but ones circle and social networks are more than willing to espouse the positive and overlook the negatives. If nobody but a few people know you are a zip darn fool when drunk, then we get what we got. POSSIBILITIES of the things we don't know.

I mean if the guy ever admitted he drank like a fish then wouldn't he be more credible than say he never drank like a fish, despite friends KNOWING he did? Naw man he has shown he would say anything to be confirmed and repubs will do anything to confirm him, and YEP dems will do anything to stop him and that's where we are at.

Response to WG
    Oh yes. I see now why you are so able to make these long range judgments since, after all, you can imagine things. "Senator, we have a witness here to testify of what she has imagined." How far would that get you? Granted, it would fit right in with the so called evidence shown against Kavanaugh. Young men sometimes do bad things, so we can just agree to that assumption, but that is about a million miles away from making Kavanaugh guilty. Women have been known to lie, so does that automatically make Dr. Ford a liar?

If you want to think that Kavanaugh is guilty, then go for it, but the truth is this: You nor I know much beyond what the news media has been feeding us. It's Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill all over again, except that Hill at least had some small shred of evidence. Ford has zero. She can't even remember how she got to the party, how she got home, or whose home it was in. So we're going to go on that???
    That's exactly why we should slow down and look deeper for more facts beyond what we have in the media. Maybe Avenatti will have more in a few days. I'm sure you would hate to have some bad stuff come out after Kavanaugh has been seated on the high court. Maybe Dr. Ford will have more at her hearing.

I believed Anita Hill back in the day. Still do. Check out this article which is pretty typical of survivors of traumatic events.

Why did Christine Blasey Ford wait so long? I'll tell you ... | Fox News

So its very inaccurate to say Ford has zero. To millions of women, (AND MEN) she has a VERY credible story. Nothing to do with party affiliation.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 03:36 PM
    There was much more evidence that Obama lied about Benghazi, but you don't accept that. As I have said before, it all comes down to this. In the lives of many, many people, it all comes down to politics. It's not about justice. If it comes down to justice, then you have to say that the evidence that Kavanaugh committed this act is nearly non existent. It would never have seen the light of day in a court. We all know that there will be no civil or criminal case against Kavanaugh after this is over. Why? The evidence is not there, pure and simple. In fact, I greatly hope that Kavanaugh brings a civil case against both of these women for libel. I think he will win.
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 04:36 PM
    You guys have the votes so do what you do, since obviously your minds are made up and have been for a long time, so do what you do best.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2018, 07:26 PM
    You guys have the votes so do what you do, since obviously your minds are made up and have been for a long time, so do what you do best.
    Like I said. It all comes down to justice, right and wrong... evidence, or lack thereof.
    Expert

Sep 25, 2018, 07:44 PM
    Naw this isn't about justice its about the healings of trauma victims. That's why they are there standing up to their victimizer. Justice requires the function of courts and the lawful presenting of evidence. This is a job interview and the applicant has credibility problems and questions on that credibility have been raised and need to be addressed. I don't know how fair this is when repubs have no time to investigate or bring witnesses to verify or dispute those issues but I can certainly see where excluding any and all facts and witness is in their interest, but even repubs have to see that fair this ain't, nor obviously is it intended to be.

LOL do you really think this sham hearing will make the accusers go away? Naw, they will be all over the networks talking about judge Kavanaugh, or Justice Kavanaugh. Which ever the case may be. I don't mind which poison you guys pick, and maybe that's the justice you speak of. Watching you guys explain how great the Kool Aid is. Or that its rain getting your heads all wet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

View more questions Search