Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tootsiepopalicious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2005, 09:11 PM
    Am I close??
    Trying to understand this question and a few others, this is my attempt, am I close or way off base? Thanks for your help in advance!

Question 3
    Prepare year end adjusting entries for each of the following:
    1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies during the year amount to $415. A year end inventory reveals supplies of $285 on hand.
    2. Depreciation of office equip. is estimated to be $2,130 for the year.
    3. Property tax's for 6 months, estimated at $875, have acrued but have not been recorded.
    4. Unrecorded interest receivable on US govt. bonds is $850.
    5. Unearned revenue has a balance of $900. Services for $300 in advance have been performed.
    6. Services totaling $200 have been performed, customer hasn't been billed.

Answer:
    1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies during the year amount to $415. A year end inventory reveals supplies of $285 on hand.
    DR-Office Supply Expense 284
    CR – Office Supplies 284
    2. Depreciation of office equip. is estimated to be $2,130 for the year.
    DR – Depreciation Expense 2130
    CR – Office Equip Depreciation Acct 2130

3. Property tax's for 6 months, estimated at $875, have acrued but have not been recorded.
    DR – Property Tax Expense 875
    CR – Property Tax Liability 875
    4. Unrecorded interest receivable on US govt. bonds is $850.
    DR – Interest Receivable (Investments Receivable) 850
    CR – Interest Revenue 850
    5. Unearned revenue has a balance of $900. Services for $300 in advance have been performed.
    DR – Cash 900
    CR – Revenue 300
    CR – Unearned Revenue (Current Liability Account) 600

6. Services totaling $200 have been performed, customer hasn't been billed.
    DR - Accounts Receivable 200
    CR – Revenue 200
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2005, 10:51 AM
    This is your homework or something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Slow Close Down [ 2 Answers ]

My computer takes ages to close down and I don't know why Also, when I am on a page, and I open another page, it takes time to open, or it gives me an error "page cannot be displayed"... any ideas

Can I close one account? [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 retirement 401k accounts. (one of my companies was bought out by the other)I would like to close 1 of them out and put the money into a down on property in which to live. How much in penalties will this cost me % wise.

Will they ever close up? [ 4 Answers ]

Currently, I have 7 piercings in my ears. I have my first ones done when I was 8 and they were crooked (they never closed up from me poking earrings through them), so I had them re-pierced at 10 and they are also crooked. My second ones were pierced at 12 and one of those is crooked, and my third...

Letting Peircings Close Up? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my ears peirced, and the holes are on completely different spots on each earlobe. One hole is perfectly in the middle of my earlobe and the other is lower and closer to my head, in the fatter part of my lobe. Anyway, being a perfectionist, this bothers me a lot. The misplaced hole...

View more questions Search