Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tvenoil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2018, 08:20 AM
    Would you continue a friendship if you wanted more than a regular friendship?
    If there was a guy/girl who you like and would want to be his/her s but she/he doesn't t have the same feelings but really wants to have a normal friendship, would you ignore your feelings that it d hurt every time you d hang out with him/her because you d know how it could be and how it isn't t going to be or would you just end it?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2018, 09:05 AM
    Being friends is great if you can handle it, but when you know you cannot, then it's best to step back until you can, rather than just force it, so just hanging out with some one you have strong feelings for and they do not, is not a good idea. The good news is you don't have to make a big drama out of your rejection, just do your own thing, and hangout with others, and you may find that the cooling off period allows you to MAYBE handle a friendship better with an ex crush. It may be a bit awkward for a while, but we can get over that too, and learn to deal with it gracefully.

Easier said than done and a challenge for sure, but that's how we learn to handle ourselves because you will experience these situations all your life.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2018, 10:47 AM
    It is up to you, normally if one or both parties have more than friends in mind, and it does not work, often the friendship can not continue as close as it was
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2018, 11:21 AM
    You are in complete control of how you deal with this. If you let it ruin you, it will. If you don't let it ruin you, it won't. Personally speaking, I don't allow anyone to have that kind of control over my life. So he or she is not into you - move on. It probably isn't the first and it probably won't be the last. But that's okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very confused about a Woman Friendship/More/Friendship then more? [ 4 Answers ]

So a few months ago a Woman started to talk to be at work and come to see me everyday, I never really noticed her before but after she took interest in me, I obviously did. All my work colleagues started to say that she likes me and that it is obvious and that I'm blind not to see it, I brushed...

Why did my ex end the friendship out of nowhere? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, everyone. Question: Why did my ex end this friendship out of nowhere? He dumped me on December 13th (during finals.. ), stating that he lost his feelings for me. When asked why, he later told me he didn't know, but I "pried" into his life about school and such (I never did, it was just...

Should I let go of our friendship? [ 3 Answers ]

Where do I start... ok... Myself, Karen and Donna were friends since secondary school. We all had the same group of friends and hung out together. Myself and Donna where a lot more close than myself and Karen. But during about 2nd year in school Karen Blanked me for no resaon and made things very...

Friendship is it over? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:Hey recently my friend moved away to college, she lives a few hours away now so I don't get to see her that much, to top it off we've ended up kissing a few times when we were drunk its happened a lot of times over a space of about 6months, started we just hugged a lot then she stayed at...

Does he want more than friendship? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been friends with a guy for just over 4 months now, we met off the internet. He always texts me every week, and we usually go the movies and dinner. We get on really well together and have a lot of fun. The thing is, he's a very touchy feely guy and always has been for the time I've...

View more questions Search