Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emma104050 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2018, 04:07 AM
    Someone I know is abusing their 2 cats 1 of them was taken away from mom at less than
    Someone I know is abusing their 2 cats 1 of them was taken away from mom at less than a month (couldn’t even walk properly) The cats fur is shaved like lions (not for health reasons just because they wanted to) and they took them to this unnecessary procedure in a hot car (it was 100F outside) they were so anxious and hot they panted with their mouths open like dogs. The owner (a girl in hs) filmed it. One of the cats threw up at the salon but they still shaved her and even though they gave them tranquilizers (which sounds really bad too) the cats were so freaked out they walked around scared in their own home and hissed at each other because they were so terrified they didn’t recognize each other. Again, this was filmed. The owner also filmed videos of herself hurling cucumbers directly at her cats. She also told people of her plans to dye her cats pink using regular human hair dye and painting their claws with polish, but after everyone told her it was toxic (which she apparently didn’t know) she said she wouldn’t do it. She also forcibly cuddles and squishes her cats and yanks their tails (apparently softly, but still). She also washes them for fun and they hate it.
    The cats seem very unhappy, their paws are stained from their litter box (they seem too traumatised to clean themselves) and even though they are still pretty young, they don’t play at all and just walk around really confused and seem a bit traumatized. They also poop and pee everywhere (in protest)?My question is- what can be done? I don’t know this person very well, so might be that she’s doing even more to them. Like, if you call animal services, how can they intervene like just march into their apartment and take the cats away? Maybe I am overreacting because the cats are fed and nobody actually hits them. Am I overreacting?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2018, 09:09 AM
    If you think an animal has been neglected or mistreated then you report it to the local SPCA or local animal control anonymously.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Nov 8, 2018, 01:37 AM
    I don't think you are overreacting. I think you are concerned because these animals are not being treated with kindness. Cats are very attuned to people and their environment. These people should not have any animals in their care. It is a terrible situation for the animals and I would agree that you need to call the nearest animal control center in your area. They do not necessarily take the animals - but they can help educate people on how to treat their animals which your friends seem to need. Sometimes education can help people realize what they are doing and how they are hurting someone or something that cannot advocate on their own behalf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is abusing me [ 10 Answers ]

I've known my boyfriend for ten Years an we have been in a relationship for 6 years. He is 9 years older than me. And we have a two year old son together. He has always been in patient and had a bad temper. But since we moved in together and had our son things have gotten worse and worse. He has...

Making outdoor cats indoor cats [ 3 Answers ]

I've had my 2 female cats Sox and Princess since they were born. Which must have been 7 years ago now. All Sox's life she has been indoor/outdoor. Princess has been indoor/outdoor except for about a year of her life when someone stole her, they claimed to have kept her indoors. I'm 18 years old...

Older cats ganging up on newer cats [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I have two 14 year old cats, I recently introduced two 4 year old sisters. We attempted to "introduce" them correctly. Over the last week or so, one of the older cats stalks and corners either of the younger cats with the other older cat joining in for good measure. The noise is terrifying....

How do I know if my mom is abusing me [ 15 Answers ]

Hi.. Uhmm, is it right for my mother to treat me differently than my 3 other siblings? She calls me a , slut, stupid, fat , every name in the book. I am forced to get good grades, be active, volunteer for in and out school activities. She onced told me to 'get out of her house' when I was 7. She...

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

View more questions Search