Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigrob159 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2018, 09:09 AM
    Need 3372 crane toilet 9.5 inch rough
    Got a 9.5 rough in. Been throgh 3 toilets . Most 10 inch rough ins can work but the top tank won't. Looking for 3372 crane or anything that that the back of the tank 20 hole is 9.5
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 17, 2018, 04:42 PM
    Hi Bigrob159

Here's what American Standard website had to say:

Crane plumbing has merged with American Standard. In light of this, Crane Plumbing products are no longer being offered in the trade channel. We will continue to provide customer care support and product information support for these brands, which can be found on this site. Thank you for your interest and support for Crane Plumbing. Please see information below regarding American Standard.

Here is the link to the site:

Crane Plumbing

I would suggest calling Crane Plumbing/American Standard at 1-800-442-1902 and chatting with tech. support. Hopefully they can come up with a solution.

You should also check out DURAVIT toilets and TOTO toilets...somewhere in these toilet manufacturer they should be able to help.

Good luck!

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 17, 2018, 06:40 PM
    The bolts have a bit of play. Also, the toilet outlet is 2", while your toilet ring is 4". So there is an 1" of play ( in one direction ) , too. Try to move the bolts 1" away from the wall. That should give you enough space to fit 10" toilet

Also, as Mark suggested above, TOTO makes toilet bases, that fit from 8", 9", 10" and larger. You can then set "regular" size TOTO toilet over the base. See if you can get TOTO set up instead

As an extreme solution, you could cut drywall behind the tank, trim studs to desired depth, and reinstall 1/4" drywall over the opening. Then, tank would be recessed into the wall. Have seen it done few times before. But this would be the most extreme approach I would suggest to you to deal with this type of problem

Let us know how you did

Milo
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2018, 02:00 PM
    When they laid out the stairwell wall and basement stub for the toilet, someone put the wall on the wrong side of the chalk line. Here is my recess answer for a 12" rough.
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 18, 2018, 02:57 PM
    MA0641, that is what I am talking about. Well done. Nice decorative detail. I am sure those built-in shelves are handy. Very nice. Thanks for sharing ! Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8 inch rough in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body know where to get an Duravit "happy" series 8 inch rough in toilet? They use to make it until 2011 Thanks PETER

8 inch rough in toilet needs to be replaced [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to change out an 8 in. rough in toilet with a newer toilet with the 10 to 12 in. rough ins without breaking the slab?

Where do I find a TOILET that has an 8 1/2 to 9 inch rough in [ 5 Answers ]

Where do I find a TOILET that has an 8 1/2 to 9 inch rough in? Most toilets have 12 to 14 inch rough in. My walls and floor are both tiled. So it is difficult to move or break wall.

14 inch rough in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

"on a 14 inch rough in toilet does the whole toilet come back or is the toilet back just wider or deeper ?"

View more questions Search