Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sophia72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2018, 01:00 PM
    Work and Gifts
    I'm an independent contractor that works in a smaller group of four people. Our lead, his wife, myself and one other women named Sara. Our lead decided that we should all go out to celebrate his wife and my birthday together at a happy house. So we get to happy hour and Sara shows up with a gift for our bosses wife. I don't care that she didn't get me a gift, but we were there celebrating both of our birthdays so it felt weird and I didn't bring his wife a gift. So now I feel horrible. I make like no money so I don't have any extra money to spend on gifts. Am I wrong to have not gotten a gift? Was it weird Sara would bring a gift for just her? Or am I just overthinking this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2018, 05:07 PM
    No, there was no reason for gifts, and the other person was just sucking up to the boss by buying a gift and being rude for not getting you something.

Just forget it, as a jerk, if you think more than one minute on it you over thought it
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2018, 06:52 PM
    You are underthinking this because Sara was brown nosing and maybe you watch your back and CYOA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does IRS know about gifts? [ 4 Answers ]

If I wanted to help a family member who is going through a difficult financial time and give monetary gifts, how would this be found out? For example, if I gave my sister $5,000 one month and then a few months later, let's say, $4,000 and a few months later, another check. Let's say, it totals...

Gifts for the Mom who has EVERYTHING? [ 5 Answers ]

My Mom is the pickiest and hardest mom to shop for I need help! List of Things She Wouldn't Like or Use: 1. Flowers 2. Jewelry 3. Spa Day packages 4. Candy, Cakes, pretty much any food 5. Clothing 6. Gardening tools or potted plants or seeds 7. Picture keepsake items, collages,...

How often do you buy your gf/bf gifts? [ 5 Answers ]

I've always been the type who enjoys giving... it's always been this way, even when I was a kid, with my family. I also enjoy getting my girlfriend gifts (I don't count paying for meals)... rarely expensive. I'm wondering what the norm is for how often people do this for their girlfriend or...

What do men like as gifts? [ 5 Answers ]

He always buys me stuff. Like flowers, fruits, cakes, make up and what ever I want him to within reason. Most of the time I do tell him I don't want anything but he might get something anyway. What should I get him? He likes aftershave yes. I was going to buy hiom one butu he brought it...

Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts [ 2 Answers ]

Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?

View more questions Search