Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2018, 09:52 AM
    Small engine does not start
    I have a 49cc 2 stroke engine that will not start. I have a good spark,new carb,and spark plug is wet,so fuel flow is good. Also it will start some times but after that it does not start anymore. PLEASE,PLEASE HELP
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2018, 01:14 PM
    If the spark plug is wet, the engine is getting flooded. Spark plug should not be wet. Pull the plug, blow some air into the cylinder to dry it out, put plug back and try to start with only 1-2 pumps of the primer.
    russer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2018, 03:32 PM
    Does it have reeds if so check that they are in good shape and not stuck open. They are located between carberator and cylinder head in the intake.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2018, 04:17 PM
    . Clean any carbon build-up around exhaust port, after removing muffler.
    . Set initial fuel mixture screw to spec.
    . Check bowl float setting, especially if engine is flooding.
    . Mix fuel 100:1 fuel-to-synthetic 2-cycle oil ratio. I prefer Amsoil. At 100:1 ratio, my trimmer and blower have lasted 24 years and still going strong. Plus, the growing season in Texas is very long.
    . Check engine compression.
    . Clean and gap spark plug.
    . Remove spark plug, spray in a shot of starter fluid or brake cleaner, replace spark plug, and try starting the engine.
    . Clean air filter.
    . Replace clunk filter in fuel tank.
    . Replace fuel lines with Tygon Fuel & Oil Tubing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small Engine!! [ 8 Answers ]

Sorry my problem is not Car / Truck related.. It's Snowblower / Small Engine, I think I threw a Belt/Belts.. If I should be asking under another Thread Please Redirect Me.. If I'm Safe , I have a Paragraph or Two.. lol.. Cheers Thanks

Toyota camry 1996 engine shut off while driving and start again when I start it [ 1 Answers ]

Toyota Camry 1996 engine shut off while driving and when I start again it will start and move for like 10-15 minutes sometimes before it went off

Ford f350 diesel Engine will not start cold, smoke leaks from the engine, fuel gage [ 2 Answers ]

Three Problems: 1. Engine will not start cold 2. Smokes leak out from top of the engine near the spark plug/glow plug (front of the engine) 4. Front gas tank gas indicator only shows empty, even if it is full. I recently bought a 83 Ford F350 Diesel Truck (dually) It was hard to cold start,...

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

Small engine trouble. [ 2 Answers ]

49cc engine, took it apart to put in new clutch feet. Put it back together and it wouldn't start. Rebuilt the carb, new gas lines, checked to make sure the spark plug was working, after a lot of work I finally wiggled the plug wire boot arounf the plug and the engine started up (not very well at...

View more questions Search