Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmaietti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2018, 12:51 PM
    Small Claims Suit Against Sears Home Improvement
    I have a warranty on a central A/C unit Sears installed. The installation was done wrong and I have been trying for the last month and a half to have them fix it with no result. I need to place a small claim suit to have them reimburse the warranty and for cost to have another party fix Sear's faulty installation. I am in Nassau County Long Island NY. Is there a specific location I need to put in the small claims suite and any specific Sears department? Thank you very much.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2018, 02:50 PM
    Usually you get in touch with the dispute/complaint department through customer service, or their website. Let me know if this link is helpful..

https://classroom.synonym.com/how-to...-12082122.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2018, 06:20 PM
    Have you talked to Sears District Manager?

But you file in the small claims court that covers the county and area for your home.
    You may want to contact Sears and ask them for the address for their legal service.

Be sure to have a record of the date and times of all your calls and hopefully who you spoke to.

The number to times someone has came out to "fix" the issue

And be sure to have the details from a licensed professional. Also make sure that professional may be willing to attend and testify in court. (witness)

I will note, you may expect them just not to show up or perhaps ask for it to be continued (or depending on your contract, go to mediation)

But often big companies just don't show up. You win, and then just can't collect

Remember, there is a big difference in winning and actually getting your money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I take Sears to Small Claims for the following [ 11 Answers ]

On August 22, 2017 a Craftsman riding lawn mower that I purchased at Sears for $2,300 was delivered to my home. On September 18, 2017 I attempted to run the mower but couldn't get the cutting blades to turn run while the drive mode was engaged. I called Sears customer service that day to explain to...

Employment lawsuit or small claims suit [ 1 Answers ]

My question is how do I get an out of state company that worked me in a different state to pay me for all the time they owe me for working out of my state, and hospital bills accrued by their mistreatment? This company hired me and worked me for 3 months. They didn't have enough money to afford...

HSBC small claims law suit. [ 8 Answers ]

I am being sued by HSBC in small claims for $1,294.00. I have been making payments with the law office (debt collectors) for several months. I was unable to make the payment in April due to being hospitalized. When I realized that I could not make that payment I called and spoke with the man...

Small claims suit against employer? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm out of work on legitimate disability and will probably lose my job either before I come back or they'll think of some reason to fire me shortly after I return. (I've seen them do this to a handful of people). I'm filing a claim with AFLAC, which is offered through my employer and I pay premiums...

Small Claims Suit Against Prior Landlord [ 2 Answers ]

Good Morning, I filed a small claims suit on yesterday against my prior landlord for violation of Chapter 92of the Texas Property Code. He did not refund my security deposit or send me an itemized statement of damages within 30 days. When I got home and check my mail I had a check in there from...

View more questions Search