Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MTowery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2018, 04:16 PM
    Journal Entry Worksheet to Trial Balance...
    The company paid $20,160 cash to settle the account payable created on April 3.

I have to correctly write a journal entry for the above -
    (I wrote) 4/3 Account Payable for 20160 (under credit).
    I am told this is incorrect what am I missing.
    Should I be adding it to my cash as well?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2018, 06:17 PM
    The most important thing to grasp about accounting is it is a double entry system comprised of debit and credits in equal amount therefore the correct entry is debit account payable, that is; reducing the accounts payable balance, and credit cash; reducing the cash balance

If you were to add it to cash you would be doing the wrong thing and whatever you wrote regarding accounts payable is meaningless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial balance journal entry [ 0 Answers ]

Stock at 30 June 2012 was valued at cost $5200 and the net realization value at cost $5300. With selling costs $200

Passing journal entry ,ledger account, trial balance & balance sheet? [ 0 Answers ]

Building 60,000 Machinery 17000 Bad debts 2800 Cash 500 Discount received 3000 Bank overdraft 10000 Creditors 50000 Purchase 100000 Capital 73600 Fixtures 5600

Trial balance worksheet, adjustments and Adjusted Trial Balance Worksheet [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please send me a worksheet of trial balance, adjustments and adjusted trial balance

Journal entry, t accounts, trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

Problem #2 Marcus stahl won a concession to rent bicycles in the local park during the summer. In the month of may, stahl completed the following transactions for his bicycle rental business. May 3-began business by placing $14400 in a business checking account. May 6-purchased supplies on...

View more questions Search