Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tilligirl43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2018, 12:30 PM
    New three speed celiing fan only runs on low and high, no medium.
    The old 3 speed ceiling fan we replaced only ran on low and high. We put up a new one, Hunter, and it only runs on low and high. Seems the wiring may be the problem. What is best way to fix this? My husband was confused on the old wiring and when he connected it and it worked he thought everything was good. Then after using it for a week we realized it only ran on low and high. Didn't want to pay an electrician to rewire it so we are stuck with it for now.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2018, 02:17 PM
    Wiring voltage to the fan will be constant. Without knowing how the wiring is done makes it hard to diagnose. However ,there are 3 wires at the fan, black, white and blue for a light. What makes the wiring confusing?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2018, 10:56 AM
    If the Fan control switch is on the Fan, wire may have pulled out of fan switch, fan switch may be bad, or capacitor issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan hums at medium and high speed [ 1 Answers ]

Hunter 1912 mission ceiling fan 21978 hums at medium speed, and louder on high speed. No hum on low. It is a new, reconditioned from factory fan.

Hampton bay ac-552(sku#523-971) fan speed problems, the high speed operates at medium [ 1 Answers ]

Hampton bay ac-552(sku#523-971) fan speed problems, the high speed operates at medium, and medium as low, and low as very low, is the problem common and how do I resolve it

Briggs 15.5 hp runs erratic at high speed [ 1 Answers ]

Just rebuilt a briggs engine and it runs at low speed but loopes at high. I have rebuilt the carb. Adjusted the valves etc. It spits some through the carb. I set the valves at .006 in. and.008 ex.

Can you hook up the high speed wire to the medium speed wire on blower fan [ 20 Answers ]

My blower fan has 4 wires but unit has 3 the high speed wire from blower has nowhere to go what do I do because we have very low air flow

Briggs & Stratton 15hp runs rough at high speed. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tractor mover with a Briggs & Stratton 15hp, it runs good at lowest speed only, unless I put it at full speed and full choke, it backfire out the muffler and shuts down at any other speed. I ran through the carb, seems clean unless I missed something, the float was stuck and it would...

View more questions Search