Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpancallo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2018, 02:31 PM
    Florida probation
    In court the judge said I can move to another county But my parole officer won't let me
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2018, 06:15 PM
    There are questions?

Why is PO refusing? Is there classes that must be done? Did the location you request refuse to take you? Are there conditions for the move, you have not meet? (like having a place to stay, job, and so on)

Are you wanting to move right back to the same area and people who got you into trouble ?

Then, did you request the transfer in writing, and get a written refusal? That your lawyer can use to make a motion to the court ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2018, 07:06 AM
    Great point Fr. While there are many reasons for moving jurisdiction of probation being denied, its usually because all the paperwork and conditions have not been met. Usually the PO's are very good about presenting the requirements and most help you meet them. Even a judges okay is contingent on the parolee getting his paperwork done in a timely efficient manner so I can only conclude that this poster has some additional things that must be done to fulfill his obligations to be able to move.

I wish he would let us know what that is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a GA first offender on probation move to Florida and get probation transferred [ 4 Answers ]

If you are on a first offender program in GA and on probation but in a non reporting status and all fees have been paid can you get probation transferred to Florida so you can relocate?

Louisiana and Florida Probation [ 14 Answers ]

I was convicted and sentenced to 3 years in prison in Florida followed by 7 years of probation with early termination in 3.5 years. When I was released, almost one year ago, I transferred to Louisiana. I was recently charged with a misdemeanor and I am wondering what will happen. Will Florida find...

I want to end my dwi probation in Florida? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a second dwi probation and I want to serve time in a rehab to terminate my probation ,is this posible?

Probation Violation Florida [ 3 Answers ]

Can probation be transferred within the state if there is an open violation report pending? I am thinking of bonding the young man out, however I am moving about 7 hours away and he will not have a place to stay pending the violation hearing.

Can I tranfer my probation to Florida? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29 yrs old and was recently given 3 yrs probation, never had a criminal record before this. I was wondering can I tranfer my probation to Florida? It as only over $412.00.

View more questions Search