Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2018, 09:40 AM
    Did Evita's campaign illegally launder $84 million in campaign funds ?
    That is what a filing in the DC circuit court claims .

http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/...ccomplaint.pdf

Here is how the scheme worked .

They would use State Dem chapters to circumvent campaign donation limits and launder the money back to the national campaign. The complaint focuses on the Hillary Victory Fund (HVF) — the $500 million joint fundraising committee between the Clintoon campaign, DNC, and state parties .HVF solicited six-figure donations , including Calvin Klein and Seth MacFarlane, and routed them through state parties directly to the national campaign.

These donations never actually passed through state party accounts or were never actually under state party control, which adds false FEC reporting by HVF, state parties, and the DNC to the charge . Donna Brazille admits that the DNC never had possession of the funds .
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ks-2016-215774

Democrat donors, knowing the funds would end up with Evita's campaign, wrote six figure checks to influence the election .... 100 times larger than allowed.The illegality of this scheme isn’t a matter of debate. SCOTUS made clear in McCutcheon v. FEC that this exact scenario would violate the law.
    “Lest there be any confusion, a joint fundraising committee is simply a mechanism for individual committees to raise funds collectively, not to circumvent base limits or earmarking rules. Under no circumstances may a contribution to a joint fundraising committee result in an allocation that exceeds the contribution limits applicable to its constituent parts; the committee is in fact required to return any excess funds to the contributor.”

For perspective ; conservative film maker Dinesh D'Souza was tried and convicted for a similar scheme that amounted to $20 thousand .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2018, 11:12 AM
    More Dufus sycophants? They were against the Dufus before they were with him. They have ALWAYS been against Hillary... like all repubs before them for the last 25 years.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2018, 02:32 PM
    Who filed the complaint is irrelevant . The only thing pertinent is if it is true or not. Is Donna Brazille one of those sycophants ?

The law in this case in unambiguous .A
    n individual donor can contribute $2,700 to any candidate, $10,000 to any state party committee, and (during the 2016 cycle) $33,400 to a national party's main account. These groups can all get together and take a single check from a donor for the sum of those contribution limits . And state parties can make unlimited transfers to their national party.

The donations clearly exceded these amts . AND Evita's campaign solicited them ...another violation .Then the funds never went directly to the states ...yet another violation.
    Donna Brazile and others admitted, the DNC placed the funds under the Clintoon campaign's direct control, a massive breach of campaign finance law that ties the conspiracy together.
    Expert

Aug 29, 2018, 03:50 PM
    Allegation noted, and its just that until a court makes a determination. I have been listening to Hillary allegations for a few decades, as have you, but so far repubs are the ones getting locked up, but you never know, we'll see... right.
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2018, 04:42 PM
    I dont trust the courts or the deep state institution or FEC beuracracy to do the right thing . As noted ;for years the Clintoon crime family has gotten away with their crimes and corruption. Just ask Bolshevik Bernie how rigged the whole thing is . Already documented how
    D'Souza was convicted for much less .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2018, 05:21 PM
    It seems it is a waste of time having laws let the candidates raise money and spend it since they do anyway, Trump was a little different but then not everyone is a billionaire
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2018, 05:28 PM
    Trump raised and spent much less on the campaign than the Evita campaign. https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/09/trum...residency.html
    Expert

Aug 29, 2018, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I dont trust the courts or the deep state institution or FEC beuracracy to do the right thing . As noted ;for years the Clintoon crime family has gotten away with their crimes and corruption. Just ask Bolshevik Bernie how rigged the whole thing is . Already documented how
    D'Souza was convicted for much less .
    YAWN, wake me when you see the perp walk, or find the deep state, or a government you trust.

EVEN MORE BREAKING NEWS!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-pro...yer-1535535000

The U.S. Justice Department is investigating whether a fugitive Malaysian financier laundered tens of millions of dollars through two associates and used the funds to pay a U.S. legal team that includes former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and a lawyer who represents President Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.
    This has got to be a great time to be a lawyer! If you don't mind the revolving doors.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2018, 08:41 PM
    Tomder, you must remember. It is only worth getting upset about when Trump does it. If HC does it, then just roll over and go back to sleep.
    Expert

Aug 30, 2018, 09:49 PM
    Well if you guys can holler and investigate for almost 30 years, and chant lock her up, why can't we holler for a few ourselves, and investigate and try to lock him up? Stop playing victim why don't you.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2018, 03:42 AM
    As I'm fond of saying, it's all politics. We tend to give our guy more slack than the opponent. You just don't like admitting that.
    Expert

Aug 31, 2018, 05:27 AM
    I just did if you read the post correctly. My point is it's our turn to throw rocks at your guy.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2018, 09:00 AM
    Ah! Confession is good for the soul.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2018, 10:24 AM
    When it comes to Trump the left says if it appears to be smoke there must be fire. I've lived with Evita's corruption since at least 2000 when hubby pardoned a bunch of corrupt Rabbis who then delivered the Orthodox vote to
    her in her Senate run.

Note that corruption this big was not exposed by a FEC investigation ...why is that ? The facts of this happening is beyond dispute . Donna Brazille was head of the DNC ,and she admits the facts .
    Expert

Sep 1, 2018, 07:02 AM
    I;ve been hearing Clinton conspiracy theories since the 90's. They have been so pervasive that all the other criminals get a free pass from the right and we get The Dufus Crime family running the government.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A new, new low from the Obama campaign [ 144 Answers ]

While telling Virginians that with their help they can win North Carolina again, he told the crowd that if Romney wins he will “put y’all back in chains.” Asked for comment, Obama campaign spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter (the same Cutter who lied about the steelworker ad), said: Apparently...

Fashion Marketing Campaign? [ 8 Answers ]

I need to write a one page analysis of a successful fashion marketing campaign... help. I was think Marc Jacobs because they are unique and all of their advertisements are not typical like others. But I don't know what else to say. I don't know what to say about a certain campaign. If you have any...

The Republican campaign [ 55 Answers ]

Conservatives and Republicans Does the endorsement of Mitt Romney by National Review (long time publication founded by William Buckley ) mean anything to you ? Will it have any influence on who you support ?

Campaign money [ 1 Answers ]

When an candidate decides to no longer run for office either drops out or isn't running for the next term, does he/she get to keep the money raised on their behalf? If not, what happens to it? Thank you.

View more questions Search