Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gozocabs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2018, 02:21 AM
    Are there precautions needed to visit Kawah-Putih. It is a crater lake in Indonesia.
    Kawah-Putih crater lake is said to have high sulphur content.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2018, 07:35 AM
    Not for the tourists as far as I know, but for scientists definitely. They sell insurance on the tours, if that makes you feel better.

https://www.livescience.com/54012-th...acid-lake.html

Though both car batteries and Kawah Ijen's lake are primarily composed of the same sulfuric acid, Kawah Ijen's sulfur is tapped naturally from its volcanic host. This sulfur is sourced from a magma reservoir somewhere beneath the 650-foot-deep, opaque aquamarine waters. The magma is continuously "exsolving," or venting, a brew of carbon dioxide, sulfur gases and other volatiles. The sulfur gases are mostly "scrubbed" by the circulating water of the hydrothermal system, which is linked to the lake above. There, bubbles of sulfur gas combine with hydrogen ions to produce sulfuric acid. [
    Stranger than Fiction: Volcanic Eruption Creates Deadly Acid Lake
    ]

I would surely get details from the people who run those tour guides. Probably not the best vacation spot for those with respiratory conditions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crater-like holes on the penis foreskin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi since I was 12 I discovered these holes all over my foreskin on the back they seem to follow that line down your penis and to be honest there are lots of them,the line down my penis splits into two and then re-joins its self further down the penis.the holes are small but I do have one that's...

Movie title needed. Truck/monster in lake? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all I remember about this film is that there is a supposed 'monster' in a lake but it ends up being some sort of truck that comes out at the end. Possibly late 70s, 80's movie. Cheers for any help.

Crater Face [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Over my winter break I caught the chicken pox. I didn't actually scratch them at all because they did not itch. But I did poke at my face a lot and it always ended up making a scab fall off. Anyway now I have scars (craters) all over my face and it's embarrassing and a lot of people...

Crater Face [ 2 Answers ]

If J_9 happens to read this, Yes I know I wasn't suppose to touch them. >_< Anyway, I had the chicken pox on my winter break and If I even poked at my face a scab would fall off. Now I have terrible holes everywhere in my face, I don't like to tie my hair back anymore because it shows some of...

View more questions Search