Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pudgtiel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2018, 03:30 PM
    Please help me identify these bites!
    Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting here, so I apologize if this is in the wrong spot but this is the only area I saw that looked like I could put this here.

I have these weird red dots on my right arm. I'm not sure if they're bites or not, but that's the only thing I can think. They don't really itch, but they're definitely red compared to the rest of my skin. The only thing that I've found that looks similar is mosquito, bed bug, or flea. I've also been getting hives though. On my lower arms and upper thighs. There are three scenarios I can think of, I'll post them below.

1, I had a friend over recently who did find a bed bug in her house, though not in her bed. She double washed and basically baked her clothing and things she brought in the dryer before she came though. I'm praying it's not this. Unfortunately it makes the most sense from what I've read... but I don't have a dot in the center where I would have been actually bit.

Or

2, I recently got a new puppy, and she has to go out a lot in the middle of the night. I thought maybe I'm getting bit by mosquitoes or fleas then? Supposedly fleas and ticks are very bad this year.

3, My vet had me apply that liquid flea/tick medication to my puppy. I've never used that before. I've been getting hives occasionally when touching her, but I thought it was from her going outside and touching the evergreen trees I'm allergic to.

Picture below. The scratches are from my puppy and the darker dots are from me itching hives... Name:  20180828_182832.jpeg
Views: 311
Size:  23.3 KB

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 28, 2018, 04:56 PM
    Not hives, it is ticks. Back to doctor immediately

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bites [ 1 Answers ]

I have itchy red bumps on my ankle and now they are spreading up my leg

Bed bites [ 2 Answers ]

I keep waking up with one or two red mosquito looking bites, when I scratch them red dots appear all over the bite, they itch a lot!

Allergic to flea bites, bites cause moles on my skin to irritate [ 1 Answers ]

I'm highly allergic to flea bites (and mosquito bites too!) and when I get bit it causes some of the moles on my skin to become very irritated and itchy. They turn red and some of them even scab over. Not sure what I can do or what this means. Please help! Thanks!

Bug bites... without the bugs and/or bites [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 4-6 months I've been feelin' like I'm constantly gettin' bitten by bugs all over my arms, torso and legs.....altho I never seem to have any bite marks on me...nor do I ever see any bugs on me or in my home. I've tried doin' a search online but I basically came up empty handed, totally...

Bites [ 3 Answers ]

I feel something biting me at night mostly at my legs what could it be? I don't have pets in my home & now my son feels it too.

View more questions Search