Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doclandlord Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2018, 07:34 AM
    Landlord/tenant
    My tenant's one year lease expires on October 15, 2018. They have requested to extend their occupancy on a month to month basis with a 60 day notice to vacate( for both them and myself). I'm comfortable with that.

How do I handle their last month's rent which I am holding? Do I apply it towards their last month under the existing lease or do I hold it and apply it towards the last months when I'm given the 60 day notification?

Thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2018, 05:00 PM
    Hold it toward last month, the lease terms should still be in force, merely the terms of month to month, which can be added with just a short statement signed by both.
    doclandlord Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2018, 05:05 PM
    Thank you for your response. Just to be clear are you suggesting that I hold it for the last month of the 60 day notice or apply it towards the last month under the existing lease which is coming up.

Greatly appreciate your input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a tenant stay only 1 week after a 60 day notice, if the landlord & tenant agree? [ 10 Answers ]

My elderly widowed mother owns a low income fourplex apartment building in Santa Clara County, California. My mother would like to extensively remodel the two bedroom, and one bathroom, apartment unit that a father and son reside in. The father, and his then wife or girlfriend, signed a...

Landlord/Tenant Law in Texas - What Duty Does Tenant Have to Pay for New Carpet? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, We moved into an apartment two years and three months ago and just moved out. In February, my husband had food poisoning and was very sick. He had taken pepto bismol, but in a polite way, it didn't stay down. Thus, we ended up with some light pink stains in an area about one foot wide...

Tenant landlord law [ 6 Answers ]

Last Saturday my roommate up and moved out while I was at a baseball game. We have a signed lease which I am assuming makes it a binding contract and her liable for the remainder of the lease. But my real question is... the landlord allowed her to sign a lease to live in another apartment on the...

Landlord/Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

All and any help/advice/assistance is greately appreciated. I live in Florida, I have signed a lease on a property for a one year period. But after only 2 months of living in this property the owner is going into FORECLOSURE. Here are my concern: First of all no where in the lease contract...

Landlord and tenant [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband and 2 yr old son have been living in our apartment sense June of this year... and the first thing I wanted to ask was... how long should it take a landlord to fix a door to our apartment? Because they also own the store downstairs and well they haven't fixed it in 6 months. Also...

View more questions Search