Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DGREEN47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2018, 11:45 AM
    Outdoor plumbing
    I have an underground water line with an inline shut off valve (also below ground level) I'm 70 and want to avoid kneeling down and reaching down to the shut off valve. The line continues to a fire hydrant garden hose valve about 100 feet away.
    I'd like to have a garden house hook up and a way to shut off the outlying hydrant valve at the same time. I want to replace the below ground inline shut off.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 20, 2018, 09:24 AM
    Hi Dgreen

I'd recommend getting a local plumber in to install a shutoff valve where you can comfortably reach it IF the new location for the new shut off still allows you to drain the line for the winter. If installing a new shut off valve doesn't allow for draining of the system then you may be stuck having to ask someone to help here.

Back to you...

Mark
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2018, 06:48 AM
    Above, or try this:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wate...Address&ie=&oe=

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

If I want to install a bath or kitchen outdoors that is about 25 feet away from the house, what is the best way to do the plumbing. I do want hot water. Is it possible to just tie into the exitsing plumbing og the house? There is a bathroom at the corner of the houes closest to the location,...

Plumbing Question, for an outdoor hot/cold frost free faucet. [ 0 Answers ]

I am working on a project and I want to make some modifications to an outside faucet. Can someone send me to a good site, or send me some info... I would like to learn excactly how a (Moen?) single handle, hot/cold, cartridge type frost free sill faucet works (in detail) with parts...

Seeking assistance to an outdoor plumbing issue. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have an outdoor spigot attached to the single-family condominium unit I reside in. Said unit protrudes from one of the walls of the condo. I noticed there is a significant leak coming from the spigot within the hose coupling. Is there a way to repair this problem simply and...

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

Bad odor in bathroom, outdoor cats? Vs plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Today, 01:31 PM martamama New Member Join Date: Feb 2007 Posts: 1 Bad odor in bathroom, outdoor cats peeing vs plumbing problem -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi a few weeks ago I noticed what I thought to be an old poopie...

View more questions Search