Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimosaluna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2018, 05:04 AM
    Is something wrong with my metabolism?
    I am 19 years old and 163 centimeters tall. I used to weigh 68 kilograms, which was clearly too much and I decided to go on a strict diet and lose weight. In the past few months I’ve gone down to 58 kilograms. I work out daily and consume approximately 700 calories per day. I know that most websites say that you should go for at least 1000 calories, but I’ve tried that and ended up gaining weight instead. I eat lots of vegetables every day with meat as lunch and I also eat fruit almost daily. I go for foods that are very low in calories but don’t have to be as low in quantity, therefore veggies have been my best friend.
    However, I’ve stopped losing weight lately and experience bloating and stomach pains every now and then. I can only go to the toilet every 3-4 days, even though I start my day by drinking warm water, salted water after lunch and loads of green tea every day. I’m not sure if this is something to be concerned about, but I’ve fought very hard for my weight loss and I’m wondering if there is something wrong with my metabolism or if I should speak to a doctor about this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2018, 01:10 PM
    As you go to the gym and build up muscles you often gain weight as muscle weight (which is not a bad thing)

Next sounds like your diet needs work, as to a more balanced meal. Esp raw veggies, which should also solve the bathroom issue)

Also be sure you are working on the right type of workout,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Metabolism and ETG testing [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I was wondering how much a person's metabolism plays a part in voiding the body of ETG. I am a male, 29yrs old, 5'7" 144lbs. Im pretty skinny and prior to these ETG tests, I've done everything I can think of to GAIN weight without much success. So my question would be: Do people with my...

Alcohol EtG metabolism [ 1 Answers ]

Does green tea speed up metabolism to flush ETG from urine in an alcohol test?

Fat Metabolism [ 0 Answers ]

VLDLs, HDLs and LDLs are produced in the liver by combining proteins to triglycerides. Then VLDLs pick up triglycerides and transport them to adipose tissue cells. LDLs pick up cholesterol from the liver and transport it to sites where it is needed. HDLs pick up cholesterol from tissues and carry...

Is my metabolism already dead? [ 0 Answers ]

Please help me!is my metabolism already dead?? Hi every body! Actually I am 24 years old and I have moved to another country to continue my studying 7 mounths ago but since I moved first I 've lost some weight and then I have gained about 6 or7 kg(I have had a lots of problems even I had problems...

View more questions Search