Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Core Electric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2018, 10:25 AM
    Meter request
    I am an electrical contractor. How do I go about requesting for a meter for a new location. There is power, but no separate meter for this new section. Also, for an inspector to be present once the new meter is placed?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2018, 02:15 PM
    You contact the local utility and ask them how to proceed. If there is only 1 service feed, they may not put in another meter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2018, 07:25 PM
    There will have to be another feed line ran to the property, You get a building permit for the new meter base and the leads to the new circuit box. Installed, the building inspector will have to come out and inspect the new meter base and box. Once it is approved, then the application for a new power meter will be processed and they can run a new line.

But I am puzzled that an contractor would or should know that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move an outside faucet from my inside water meter to my sprinker meter [ 6 Answers ]

I added on to my home about 5 years ago. When I did, the plumbers added two new outside faucets for watering. My home has a meter for inside water and for outside water. The problem is that the added outside faucets were added to the inside water system. I need them to be on the outside...

60 AMP feeder line to meter and from meter is 200 AMP wire to my electrical box. [ 13 Answers ]

I have a old 60 AMP feeder line from the top of my house to the meter. From the meter is 200 AMP new wire. I was wondering if this is even safe and what would the cost be of updating the feeder line?

What size meter/tap size do I need to run public water 0.3 miles from meter to house [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect to public water for a variety of reasons. City Engineering has told me I need to make the determination of tap size. House is ~ 0.3 miles from where meter will be installed on driveway/public street junction. City Engineering will make no recommendations on tap size but have...

What is the avg. Gas p.s.I. From gas meter on the residentcial side of meter [ 2 Answers ]

What is the avg. gas p.s.I. from gas meter on the residentcial side of meter. I think its 5 lbs. I live in Los Angeles, don't know if it changes from state to state.:eek:

View more questions Search