Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JO ANN 1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2018, 04:14 AM
    What happened to the question I posted yesterday
    My sister's husband was part of a Family Trust whereby they received periodic payments. His brother administers the Trust, and he told Don to write out who he wanted the money to go to when he died, and get it notarized. He said that when a family member died, the spouse of that person would get his part. Don did that and sent it to his brother. Don died last year and his widow get one payment from the Trust. Recently, the Administrator called to inform her that she was not eligible to share in the Trust because she is not a blood relative. I know Louisiana is a Community Property state, in addition to the document Don signed, making his wife the first beneficiary, and at her death, he listed his daughter and his wife's daughter as beneficiary. They are trying to cut her out of the Trust and we think this is illegal. Please advise. Thank you.
    JO ANN 1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2018, 04:19 AM
    Do you actually answer questions? I can't get through to you for some reason!!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2018, 04:40 AM
    Please note this is your first post to this site. There was nothing posted yesterday.
    You joined today, 15th August.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2018, 09:00 AM
    It may well be illegal depending on how the Fund is structured but I suggest legal counselling to verify that. Who is the new administrator?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2018, 04:59 PM
    Normally the trust will list, in the paperwork of the trust, who is to get the money and/or payments. A signed addition to that, may or may not be legal.
    It appears, that it needs to be reviewed by a local attorney,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is the 2nd time this has happened since yesterday... [ 1 Answers ]

I get a blurry line through my vision in both eyes followed by a severe headache & nausia. Any idea what it may be? This is the 2nd time it's happened in 2 days

Dirty/cloudy well water, just started yesterday, never happened before! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, so last night I left my house and before I left I had flushed the toilet, the water was clear just like it normally is. When I came back a few hours later, the toilet was still running and the water had dirt in it. I fixed the toilet, flushed it again, and the water was cloudy, and when left...

View more questions Search