Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaybee7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2018, 10:05 PM
    90,000 owed to my dead husband
    My husband was a general contractor working under a 1099 for a commercial business as the Maintenance Manager. My husband died 2 years ago and the business owner still owed him almost $90,000 for completed work. Can I sue for that amount owed? I have all of my husband's information and paperwork for his billable hours.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2018, 11:20 AM
    Why have you waited 2 years? 90K is a lot of money!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2018, 11:38 AM
    When did you find out he was owed this money? Most likely the statute of limitations has run out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2018, 12:57 PM
    I agree, depending on where this is, it may be too late, But you could and should hire an attorney.

Did you already establish an "estate" because it will be the estate that will sue for the money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreaming about my dead husband [ 1 Answers ]

My first husband died almost 2 years now. We've lived together as legal husband and wife for only 8 months and 29 days but I always have this dream of him coming back to life. My dreams are always in different situations but its telling me always the same thing and that is my husband is alive. It...

My dead husband seems to be with me more as time goes by [ 1 Answers ]

My husband died suddenly on October 1, 2013. He had a lot of health problems but did not linger, falling against a wall and sliding down. I was out of town and found him and lost total control, shaking him violently and begging him to get up. Our neighbor recently said she had never heard...

Why am I having dreams about my dead husband? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband passed away last year, and I'm having reoccuring dreams of him wanting to divorce me and having sex with other women. What is going on?

How can I contact my dead husband [ 21 Answers ]

My husband and his mother saw spirits all their lives. I have never heard or saw anything. I lost my husband 4 months and 1 day ago and have been depressed almost to the point of suicide. I have prayed, fasted, gone to a native american sweat lodge, tried to have out of body...

Get dead husband to let go [ 5 Answers ]

My husband of 10 yrs and father of my children was very sick with cancer for 4 yrs and got so tired of being sick and not being able to do anything with our kids took an overdose and died in the bed with me and at the time our 5 yr old son. That was 2005. Since then he has done things that let me...

View more questions Search