Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toothless2250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2018, 04:37 PM
    Dodgy Dentist Took My Money
    My dentist is part of the Dover Dental Group. I paid $950.00 for a dental bridge that broke due to faulty workmanship in the dental lab. It's useless, and I don't want to use this dentist anymore because I don't trust him. The doctor won't take my calls or meet me in person. The front desk refuses to help. They didn't even want to show me my own dental records (I finally got a copy). I wanted to see the bill, itemized or not, but was told my bill is "confidential" and I'm not allowed to see it. I asked which lab the bridge was made in because it still has a 1 year guarantee on it, but was told they wouldn't tell me because that too is "confidential". I just want a refund for the bridge itself, they can keep the other dental fees. Now I have no front tooth and am out $950.00. The ADA won't help me. I am disabled, but Medicaid doesn't pay for this bridgework, and I can't afford to take anyone to court. I don't know if this is covered by anti-discrimination laws due to my being disabled, but it took so long to save money for this procedure and I got nothing in return. Can somebody please help me?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2018, 05:06 PM
    What state? Call your local small claims court and see what the limit is and how much the filing fee is. A free consultation with a lawyer may prove fruitful, call a few. Some charge 33% of whatever they recover.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my dentist for not treating me mistakenly saying I owed money but didn't [ 4 Answers ]

My dentist wouldn't treat me saying I owed money, but I find out the dentist actuly owed me money. I was overcharged and was due a credit. I suffered for 3 months and was harassed weekly by a collection agency. I asked to get my credit back and was told the dentist would no longer treat me....

Should dentist get more money? [ 1 Answers ]

I needed a lot of dental work and I went over all the procedures with the lady in billing, I agreed to the amount she told me, I chose for the sedation as there was so much to be done and I am very nervous of dentists so I paid the total amount that they quoted me, the next visit the lady in...

Can a dentist hold my money? [ 1 Answers ]

I paid up front to a dentist but I do not continue the service, can he hold my money, or release money only under a condition?

How do I get my money back from a Dentist [ 2 Answers ]

I had a set of teeth made in May 2010 and when I get them in Nov I didn't like them and they diidn't fix. I couldn't eat with them at all Discover card gave me back &875.00 and the dentist won't give me the other &875.00. I called 7 numbers and they couldn't help me. I am 83 years old and don't...

What can I do to grt my money back from a dentist who's crown broke twice? [ 3 Answers ]

In 05 I had a crown put in and it broke in o7. I paid for another one for the Same tooth and it broke a week later. They wouldn't return my calls. The problem Is apparently for small claims court you have to do it with in 1 year of discovery Or within 3 years which ever comes first. I'm with in...

View more questions Search