Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SocialMediaThes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2018, 04:01 PM
    Difference between cookies and metadata?
    Can someone please explain the difference between cookies and metadata to me? I was looking for an answer online but I can't find a good and clear explanation.. Thanks! (It's for my thesis so it's urgent :).. )
    dionstarfire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2018, 09:53 AM
    Metadata is " data [information] that provides information about other data"

Cookies (regarding browsers) is a mechanism used by browsers to store data. This could include metadata
    Chrisgeorge2365 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2018, 12:26 AM
    According to me ,cookies are usually small text files, given ID tags that are stored on your computer's browser directory or program data sub folders.
    Metadata describes other data. It provides information about a certain item's content.
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Dec 13, 2018, 01:59 AM
    Hello

Metadata is this,Name:  Metadata.png
Views: 396
Size:  58.1 KB as shown on a Youtube video and is something that describes what the thing is about or does.

Cookies are small files / Pieces of data sent from the Website you just used. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user's browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names, addresses, passwords, and credit card numbers.

Hope this helps.
    davidlee21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2019, 09:17 PM
    Meta data is a set of data that describes and gives information about other data.
    Cookies are very small text files placed on your computer by a web server when you view some sites online. Cookies help in tracking user activities.
    dp362pradhan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2019, 11:15 PM
    The foremost distinction between a session and a cookie is that consultation records is saved on the server, while cookies keep data within the user's browser. Sessions are greater secure than cookies as it's far stored in the server. But the records in the consultation is lost when the net browser is closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Author history, metadata, Excel, etc [ 2 Answers ]

I am a professor at a state university. Last spring semester, I caught two students cheating when they submitted approximately the same MS Excel file for a take-home exam. (note: no, these students were not very good at avoiding detection). I caught these students by going to the properties...

Bar cookies [ 15 Answers ]

I've been "assigned" to make cookies for 40 people (and, no, I didn't know that many people were invited) this coming weekend. I figure 3 cookies per person - no way. Does anyone have a good bar cookie recipe? Last night I tried one off the Internet for chocolate chip bar cookies and it's...

Cookies! [ 1 Answers ]

Im not sure if it's the right place to ask this, but, how can I delete cookies from by browser?

Where's the cookies ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to log into my pay pal account for the first time. It says my browser has to accept cookies?? Can somebody let me know... where are the cookies? I thought it was a bad thing to allow. Many thanks :)

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

View more questions Search