Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike LoongBoong Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2018, 08:46 PM
    Cannot calculate the second derivative to to find the region where the function is co
    f(x) = (1+2x)/(2+x^2) Question: Compute the second derivative and use it to find the region where f(x) is concave and where is convex.
    f''(x) = (4x^3 + 6x^2 - 24x - 4)/(x^2 + 2)^3 I cant find x to f''(x) = 0 so I cant find the region where f(x) is concave or convex.
    Can anyone help me please?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 13, 2018, 07:21 AM
    I get a different result for f''(x), where the numerator is 2nd order. What do you have for f'(x)? Hint: don't forget to divide both numerator and denominator of f'(x) by any common factors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Define The Function, and partial derivative [ 0 Answers ]

Not sure why I'm blanking on this. So far I haven't been having any problems with partial derivatives. And I know the first part is probably easy, and I feel silly for tripping up on it. Define the function f(x) =\left\{ {x^{4/3}sin (y/x)\mbox{ if} x\not=0 \atop 0 \mbox{ if} x = 0 ...

Logarithmic Function and its Derivative [ 1 Answers ]

This is a question from my maths book: Take Logarithms of both sides and use the log laws to differentiate (a) y=x^x for this I did: log y =x log x

Find the derivative [ 2 Answers ]

f(x)=x^3ln(2x^4+7) please help me with this problem, thanks.

Calculus-derivative of a function [ 1 Answers ]

help mee.. derivative of a function f(x)= (x^2 + 1) ^2 / 5

Derivative of function [ 5 Answers ]

find derivative of function. Simplify when possible. y=xcos^-1x - square root 1-x^2

View more questions Search