Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dzmills Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2018, 02:05 PM
    My ex was paying clid support but lost his job, the child is a part time student
    My ex was paying child support for 8 out of 12 years. He lost his job, the child is now living with him and is a part time student. I am filing a consent order to stop child support and forgive the arrears. Hat must say to the
    Court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2018, 08:43 AM
    It will be up to the court. It would appear that the father should be the one to file the paperwork.

Normally if the child is living with the other parent, they can alter the support, but it is not often that they will forgive support owed
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 20, 2018, 11:10 AM
    I have to agree. A father should file for support modification himself, and possibly make an agreement for any arrears. They seldom forgive back amounts, but they may work with him. If he doesn't have to pay child support he should be able to afford some modest payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I by law have to pay now that my child is 18 and a part time student. [ 12 Answers ]

WHat does the law enforce with child support after 18? The child is now 18 and only taking 2 courses in school as well there has never been a court order or have had FRO involved. It has always been mutually agreed upon. The child could graduate, but the mom has forced him to go back as she says...

Child support for full time student [ 6 Answers ]

My child turned 18 in April , and started Community College this fall . There is no order for me to continue support payments after the age of 18 . My xhusband demands that I have to continue support payments while our child is a full time student . Wouldn't he have to bring me back to court to...

Do I have to pay support for child in college part time Indiana [ 4 Answers ]

Do I have to pay child support for someone that is only going to school part time (IVY TECH 2 classes)?? I would rather stop support and give her money as she needs it rather than give it to her mom??

Can a 19 years old ful time student file for child support , state New York [ 5 Answers ]

Can a 19 years old college student file for child support , state New York?

If my daughter is 18 and a full time student do I still pay child support [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 18 and has a baby girl. Her mother asked her to leave the house about a month before her 18 b-day. I have been paying her mother child support. The divorce decree? Does state that I am only obligated to do so until she turns 18. My question is can I ask for support from the mother...

View more questions Search