Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johannsson35 Posts: 87, Reputation: 6

Aug 7, 2018, 10:20 PM
    Is it likely I have HIV or am I a hypochondriac?
    Hello, I'm a 24 year old male who works out 3-6 time s a week, works a mildly physical job (standing and squatting for 10 hours a day/4 days a week). I run a lot and have never used street drugs or used needles. I am however being treated for major depression, anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive disorder. I lost my virginity to a girl I knew from high school back in early March of this year. I was very drunk and she kept turning the lights off, but I remember using a condom for penetrating sex she removed it at one point to perform oral and it was put back on but I'm worried that at one point the condom might of come off, I can't completely remember. She claims we were completely protected the whole time and showed no concern. I never ejaculated as I was extremely drunk and almost scared of what was going on but was afraid to say anything. I feel so dirty/unclean about what happened and haven't spoken/seen this girl in months now and refuse to drink alcohol. I have a complete physical done in April complete with blood/urine work but my doctor said they weren't going to test for STDs as I thought I seemed perfectly healthy. Now my depression and anxiety have been worse than ever these past couple of weeks and working out/my prescriptions have helped but this past week I've experienced a dull pain in my inner thighs and I've had a runny day for a couple of days. Is it likely this is HIV or something completely harmless like soreness from exercise/work? I'm planning on seeing my doctor to get tested but if any healthcare professionals reading this could give some input, I'd appreciate it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 7, 2018, 10:44 PM
    It’s extremely unlikely you have HIV.
    johannsson35 Posts: 87, Reputation: 6

Aug 8, 2018, 03:35 AM
    Thank you for your reply, I take it I should be fine?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2018, 04:12 PM
    It is very unlikely you have HIV.
    But you can always get a test, easy, fast and no issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is your opinion? I'm convinced my doctor is a Hypochondriac [ 0 Answers ]

have had pain in my back on the right side for about 6 months now. They have done multiple ct scans of my kidneys and found nothing and still have not determined the cause of the pain. At this point I don't even care about the pain. The other issue I've been having for roughly the past 3 months is...

Am I a hypochondriac? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, here's the deal! I am 23, healthy as far as I know. I am going to the doctor soon to have a little breast lump looked at. I actually don't even know if it's a lump or not. My friend thinks it is nothing. But, better to be safe than sorry, right? Over the last year, I have been, I'm...

View more questions Search