Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aksquid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2018, 02:43 PM
    Molar Root Canal missed the canal, filled material in outside my tooth
    I recently had a root canal in a molar (left bottom). My general dentist didn't refer me out to an endo but rather did it himself. On the third appointment, he had issues with one of the three canals, referred to calcification so he couldn't complete that canal. I went back and after an excruciating appointment which resulted in a week of pain, I finally went on to appointment number 5 for sealing. AT that time, the same canal he didn't fill because it was bleeding. Waited another month, went back and he completed that, and filled with a temporary. After three months, it was still causing me issues and he said it likely wouldn't heal. He indicated it was probably "stripped" which happens. His recommendation for follow up was a root extraction. I went for a second opinion and found out he missed the entire canal and ended up filling a canal outside my tooth. The Endo recommended rather than "heroics" which he referred to the root extraction, that I cut my losses and have an implant put in. His opinion is it's provides the highest success rate. I am likely going that route, but am looking to understand if this was negligence, accident, etc. Should I expect to get what I paid for the root canal refunded, and, does he have any financial responsibility for the implant? He's willing to do the work, but I'm not comfortable with him any longer and want to go elsewhere. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore spot on gum above molar after root canal [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a root canal (tooth 3?) one week ago today. I had been having soreness in the gums directly around that tooth for about two years (after a dentist replaced a crown-why I don't know, since I was having no issues at all). Was a bad fit and with the teeth banging together, I guess caused...

If I have had a root canal, is the root and nerve in that tooth dead. [ 5 Answers ]

I had a root canal two years ago. I recently stated having problems in that tooth. The dentist says that I need to have part of the root clipped or removed. Shouldn't that already been done?

Root canal on molar with crown [ 5 Answers ]

I need a root canal on my tooth with a 3 month old crown. I was told it was possible to drill on the top of the tooth, perform the root canal,and then put in a permanent filling. Can this be done safely in one appt.

Root Canal Through a Molar with a Gold Crown [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a root canal on a molar that has a gold crown and what are the possible complications? Should I use my regular dentist or a Endodontist? Thanks

Root canal tooth came out [ 1 Answers ]

My back tooth which had a root canal and crown just came out, crown and tooth intact with a silver post. I don't know what to do. Help, I don't think the dentist is in his office until Monday and it is Friday night. I'm thinking the tooth had decayed under the crown. I have a huge hole in my...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.