Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarhelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2018, 09:39 PM
    Help with some simple grammar
    I just wanted to ask a rather simple question regarding proper grammar for a short sentence.

I can't decide which wording is grammatically correct. The sentence is "Samantha nor I did anything wrong."

Is this a grammatically correct way of wording the sentence or would "Samantha did nothing wrong nor did I." be correct?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2018, 06:08 AM
    The second is more correct as the first should be started with NEITHER. Neither Samantha nor I... Or... Neither of us. Depends on the structure of the sentence before and after.

You could also go with Samantha AND I did nothing wrong, to keep it simple and direct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grammar [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, How can I put it right? Teaching to a class ( in which the neighbor's children study / with the neighbor's children /... ) can be difficult. Thanks in advance

Grammar [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Which one is grammatically correct?I have resorted to as many solutions as they exist.I have resorted to as many solutions as it exists.I mean: every possible solution

Grammar Help Please [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with these I'm stuck. More on the way due Thursday Comma Usage-Addresses,Dates,and Unrelated Expressions:In the following sentences ,insert commas when needed around addresses,complete dates, & unrelated expressions 1. On August 5 1775 you know Europeans discovered San Francisco Bay...

Grammar [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Do you say 'good at English' or 'good in English'? Which is which? Thanks.

Non simple answers to simple Yes/no questions. [ 18 Answers ]

Not knowing exactly where to put this, I'll try relationships: Alult male son and elderly mother. I'll start by an example: It's bedtime and, the kitchen light is currently on and her pills are usually on the kitchen table. Son asks, "Mom, do you need to come back into the kitchen?" ...

View more questions Search