Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zombie52300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2018, 12:17 PM
    Stingray caused a rash
    I'm an 18 year old female. I went to San Diego for Comic-Con. It was exactly 1 week ago that I stepped on a stingray when I was running towards a wave in the water, I live in Illinois and never get to see the ocean, at first I thought a crab pinched me because I didn't feel any pain until I got out of the water. It was the worst pain I had ever felt. I somehow was able to get through the whole experience without crying. I literally wanted to chop my foot off. I was at a beach on a military base so there were lifeguards everywhere at all times. The lifeguards put me on the back of there truck and brought me to the medical life guard station. I put my foot in excruciatingly hot water and the pain went away after 2 hours of sitting there with my foot in constant hot water. There were about 10 other people there for the same reason. The ocean was calm and not as cold as I expected so the stingrays are more frequent, that's what the lifeguard medical lady told me and everyone else that came in. I was stung on the top of my foot, right between the big toe and the toe next to it. About a cm down so it wasn't directly in between the toes and more on top of the foot. The lifeguard said that's why it probably hurt way more cause the people who got strung weren't in as much pain as I was and I have a high pain tolerance. I mean I was constantly groaning and holding my breathe because of the pain for a straight 2 hours. When I got to my dads friends place which is where I stayed in San Diego, I took a shower and went to bed. After a woke up the next day I noticed a rash that covered my legs and arms. I looked stuff up and I came up with Swimmer's itch and my rash looks the same as the pics on Google about swimmers itch. But after a week its progressively gotten worse, itched more, and got redder. My wound constantly itches but its easy to ignore that, but when my arms or legs itch, its extremely hard to ignore. This morning the skin around my wound feels tighter when I walk and there was clear almost thick liquid on top of the scab. I don't know if it means its infected or not. Also the skin around my wound is hard and my big toe is a bit swollen. I mostly want to know if any of you guys know what to do about the rash.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2018, 12:40 PM
    Please go to a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergy rash or heat rash?? [ 1 Answers ]

My mom has red spots and bumps on her face and neck and she says it itches and it stings. We've tried putting aloe (both bottled and straight from the plant) as well as ice compress. She has been taking ibuprofen to get the redness and swelling down. What could she take or put on her skin to help...

What is this chronic hive-like rash on face and neck that burns and itches caused by? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. For about 8 months now Ive had a variety of symptoms, which may or may not actually share the same underlying cause, and for which I have not yet been able to find a diagnosis. Currently my main symptoms/concerns are: painful stinging hives on my face and neck that reoccur within no more...

Which caused the pregnancy? [ 34 Answers ]

My girl friend is 27 years virgin. Her last period on 9th November. On the 10th November I have slightly penetrate but before ejaculation I have take it off. On the 13th she had pineapple pieces. Which is causes the pregnancy?

Stingray satellite dvd player? [ 1 Answers ]

What channel does dish have to be on fordvd hg

Hurt caused by me or you to another [ 7 Answers ]

Exactly how much of responsibility do I or anyone has/have for someone else's feeling of being hurt after I/anyone caused it. No matter how much the apologies, isn't there a point where the other person need to take care of their feelings no matter how much I've hurt? I NEED YOUR OPINION ON HOW...

View more questions Search