Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmp55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2018, 04:21 PM
    Stealing from work
    My now ex husband is stealing from work. Actually, he pretty much always has taken small items, but it is much more now than it was. There are at least 15 items he has taken recently. (he and I still talk and I take care of the dogs while he is working) These items are becoming more and more costly, and he could lose his job. FYI, I left him after 20 years because he is abusive, narcissistic, and just plain controlling. In the past, he was caught stealing from the grocery/department store, but there is no record of it on line. They took him to jail for it.

Along the same line, his sense of entitlement is immense. I requested at our mediation that I be given my disabled daughter's handicap placard that we kept in his car; he said he threw it away! He did not and is still using it at his place of employment so he won't have to walk as far as the others. Of course, I had it cancelled over a year ago - guess no one ever checks these things.

To top it off, he claims to be a Christian! He preaches to his co-workers constantly and tells them to think about what Jesus would do - and then he does these things! They all must think he is either wonderful, or could really dislike him because he says whatever he wants and is mean and rude. He is the perfect one who never does anything wrong.

I feel such confusion and guilt. What would you do? I most likely will stop taking care of the dogs, but it isn't their fault. Fortunately, I don't have to see him when caring for the dogs.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 25, 2018, 06:59 PM
    What would I do? Cut all ties with him of course. Is there a reason you are still communicating with him? 20 years is a long time, but it’s time to get on with your life without him in it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 26, 2018, 05:00 AM
    Why are you feeding his dogs in the first place? It's his responsibility, and you really should be as far from his life as possible. He is an ex you are glad to be rid of so act like it. That's what I would do with no guilt or confusion about it.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2018, 03:23 AM
    "I feel such confusion and guilt."

Sounds like he's an ex by paperwork only. Recognize you are no longer married and move on. Life is too short to participate in his drama.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2018, 12:49 PM
    You are an ex. And should be just that.
    Why are you keeping up with everything he is doing, like using the place card

You stop any and all contact, let him worry about his dogs, and you should hope he gets caught and go to jail

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught stealing from work [ 6 Answers ]

Im 17 and got caught stealing from work. I was called in to my managers office and they asked me why I was stealing, I told them I was upset that my other managers forced me to work off the clock. They informed me that I had to pay back the company $200 and they will fire me. Can this be...

Got caught stealing from work [ 6 Answers ]

My friend got caught stealing. After she got done selling all the jewelry she got 6000 dollars for it. The cops went to her house and took the rest of the jewelry. Some of the jewelry are fake. The cops told her that they're going to call her in two days but it's been three days they haven't call...

Stealing from work [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I live in the UK and I have been caught stealing from my previous employer, £3586 from card returns, clothes and money from tills. I have returned the clothes, the £3586 card returns and £625 cash from the tills, however they have demanded £2000 for the cost of money they think I've taken from...

Stealing at work [ 3 Answers ]

I own a cleaning company . Our services consist in clean houses , apartments , offices . One of my employees stole in a client house then she run away . There was no camera in the house but besides the owners she was the only person with the key.after her visit the money disappeared from the...

Stealing at work! [ 4 Answers ]

My close friend was accused of stealing 60 dollars out of her register. I think she may have talen it. She is worried that they will find it on camera and send the police to her house to arrest her. Can they send the police to her house or can they just fire her?

View more questions Search