Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlndi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2018, 11:19 AM
    What form d o I use to answer a summons
    As a home inspector I am being sued because I missed some things. I need to know what form I use to send to the court to answer the charges?

As a home inspector I am being sued because they said I missed some things during the inspection. I need to know what form do I use to answer the charges to the court?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2018, 01:27 PM
    I will be blunt, if you have to ask this question, hire an attorney. Even if you, as you should, have a contract for inspection, which is a wavior for things missed, unless it is obvious.

What you need to do, is hire an attorney to protect your interest
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 26, 2018, 05:04 AM
    There are no forms to answer a summons just a court appearance. I have to agree a lawyer is preferable when being sued.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I answer a Summons? [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a Summons for unpaid legal bills from my divorce attorney. I want to represent myself and need to file an answer. How do I do this? This matter is in Supreme Court, State of New York, Nassau County. Thank you.

Filling in an Answer to a Summons form [ 5 Answers ]

I am in CA and received a Summons, being sued by a credit card comp. This is lagit. I downloaded an answer form, but have no instructions on what lines need to be answered or what to put as answers. Many items on this two page form are just a check mark. But if I just use common sense and put a...

View more questions Search