Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WLMcNutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2018, 02:53 PM
    RO System Troubleshooting
    I changed the membrane and two filters on the ro system. I also checked the pressure in the tank and made sure it was at 7psi. I turned the water back on and it seems that the tank hasn’t filled after several hours. Water does not come out of spigot or fridge dispenser. I hear a hissing sound Lille water is moving and I hear a gurgle sound intermittently in the drain. Did I hook something up wrong? Not sure what could be wrong.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2018, 07:51 AM
    My first instinct is to make sure shut off valves are open and if so then these videos may help.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3805&FORM=VIRE
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 23, 2018, 09:17 AM
    Hello WLMcNutt:

It takes little over 24 hours to fill one R.O. tank with filtrated water. In the meantime, you may hear water running through the filters, and that is because - depending on system - it takes several gallons of water to make 1 gal of filtrated water. So what you hear is residue water running to the drain

Also, make sure you open all valves on the RO system, including the one on the storage tank. Lastly, if your incoming water pressure is below 40psi, than the RO system may not work properly

Hope that helps

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic Air Conditioning System Troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

Wear safety goggles and gloves when working with refrigerant. Very important: Only add refrigerant to the low side port. 1. Fuse Testing. Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multi-meter. 2. Relay Testing. Verify that the compressor clutch relay and the...

Troubleshooting codes for york heating system [ 0 Answers ]

My central heat system comes on, blows only cold air... the first code was a constant red flashing light.. "Flame..no call for heat"... then a second was 4 flashes-open limit... the heating element and thermocouple seem to be fine... please help... what does this mean?

Ruud heating air condition system troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Ihave replace ablower motor from a gas heater to electric heat the gas blower come from a ruud made in aug. 1996 I would some help on how to have the heating elements come on then the blower working off the thermostat now I do it with the breakers Ineed to know how I get elements to work ...

Septic system troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys, I'd just like to start by saying that I did do a search, and didn't find anything that directly answered the question I have. Here goes, My dad passed 6 months ago and I'm the "man of the house" (barely)... ha. Anyway, we live in the country and have a septic pump that ...

View more questions Search