Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leostar85wi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2005, 04:54 PM
    My sister needs help
    I have a sister she is 15 years old and has a really bad eating disorder. She is throwing up her food. I don't know what to do. I haven't went to my parents because I don't want to tell on her. What do you think I should do?
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2005, 11:51 PM
    Go to your parents.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Mar 29, 2005, 07:20 PM
    Keeping silent does more damage than good
    It is important for you to understand, that by getting your parents involved, they can seek out the proper treatment (medical, psychological) intervention to help your sister with her eating disorder. This is a serious, sometimes life-threatening illness. As a retired nurse, I urge you to tell your parents. This is not like covering for her because she broke curfew, this is more serious than that. Therefore, if you desire to help your sister, whom you love. Tell on her.
    Keeping silent does more damage than good. She will get over your meddling in her affairs once she rec'vs the appropriate care and treatment. I encourage you not to feel guilty, this is not betraying a sister trust. This is being your sister's keeper.
    mechimom Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2005, 04:42 PM
    Eating disorder
    Please tell your parents. She needs to get help. Do you see what happened to Terry Schiavo? It all started with Bulimia. Don't let that happen to your sister.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jun 30, 2005, 03:23 PM
    Take her to a therapist
    Well first of all you have to watch her and make sure she keeps her food in try to get her mind off her problems of course your sister needs help fast or she will die with out treatment find a therapist and take her there by force if need be .
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2005, 05:42 AM
    Vomiting
    Hi,
    For the sake of her health, PLEASE tell your parents.
    In the long run, it's the only thing you can do, and will work out for the best.
    If you keep this to yourself, you are only "enabling" her to not get help; which means it just might continue getting worse.
    She needs to see a doctor.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 7, 2005, 11:17 AM
    Tell just tell
    You have to go to your parents the result of an eating disorder is death. For the little while she is mad at you is far greater than losing her for ever. You are hurting her more by not telling than by keeping her secrect
    Rockgrl84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Yes, definitely go to your parents. It won't be like telling on her - it will be like helping her & maybe saving her from months or years of torment. Your parents will get the help she needs, and if your sister is angry at you, it's because she doesn't know she has a problem. You would have done the right thing, regardless of how your sister may feel. Best of luck - I wish you & your family the best :)
    laeldevon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
    your parents can do thing that you can't do to help her. I know with a sister pack you never tell on the other one but in this case you can't do this. I did the same thing when I was in high school and I wish my best friend would have told someone and she didn't I have an asmea attack at work and they had to rush me to the hospital and when they did blood work and x-rays they coukd tell not only that when I ate something my body through it up for me cause that's what it was use to. Please tell someone that can do something if you can't do it for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want Custody of my 14 yr old sister [ 9 Answers ]

I am here to see if anyone would happen to know what I have to do to get guardianship/custody of my 14 yr old sister... im 25 and married with no kids... mom is unfit at this time to handle a 14 yr old and she can barley handle herself... dad works nights and you can't leave a 14yr old home all...

Sister Sister [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined I have this problem with my older sister.She's 16 and I'm 11 going on 12.I'm her step-sister(we have different moms)and this is her first time visiting here in 4 years so she doesn't know anybody.Lately we've been arguing about different stuff cause that's what...

Sister murdered [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 2.5 yrs ago my sister was brutally murdered.the killer is still in county jail in so ca awiting trial. Does the system work ? Its been so frustrating & my family is torn apart. Here's a webpage I made about my sister with the local newspaper articles. ...

Sister [ 5 Answers ]

:-[Hi, Could someone tell me what they think about this dream? OK here go's, I was trying to get a hold of my sister by phone but she did not leave me a phone number and she moved, I then tried looking for her in my car, all of a sudden, there was a small child in the car, she wanted to learn...

Sister dream [ 2 Answers ]

?? Hi, Could someone tell me what they think about this dream? OK here go's, I was trying to get a hold of my sister by phone but she did not leave me a phone number and she moved, I then tried looking for her in my car, all of a sudden, there was a small child in the car, she wanted to learn...

View more questions Search