Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2018, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes internally he may be a hero to some, but it is a long time since anyone caused so mush discord on the international scene. It is not hard to pick a fight, the trick is to avoid one
    That's because the people bashing us can't get away with it any more, or take advantage at our expense like they are used to doing. Like the Trade tariff stuff, its been one sided for decades, they tax the crap out of OUR imports, but got their panties in a knot that we are going to start putting tariffs on theirs unless they drop their own. Can't be more fair than we'll match your tarriffs with out own. Go zero and we go zero. They want their cake and eat it too.

Been busy as hell working on getting Cisco Certifications....still have a ways to go yet.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2018, 07:19 PM
    You really believe that line of B/S don't you, your policies have been just as unfair as anyone else, I believe each nation is entitled to protect their industries, maybe tariffs isn't the way to do it, maybe legislated preference to local manufacture is. The US negotiators hate that one. When will you stop giving tied aid, which is actually subsidy of your own industries, and truly give poorer nations aleg up
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2018, 11:36 AM
    <SIGH> Let me start you guys on a search through history of global trade policy.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/12/60188...hina-trade-war

Let me know when you get up to the Euro back deals with The Iraqi dictator, or at least to the Shah of Iran. Then you may get an inkling how DUMB the Dufus really is. He is just a drama queen trying to get attention while hiding his own lying cheating stupidity. A bit off topic since this is about how the Russians influenced the last election isn't it?

Guess it doesn't matter since anything posted about the Dufus and his shenanigans leads back to his lying about one thing or another. Maybe no collusion proved yet but the coordination between Vlad's cyber spy crew and the Dufus is UNCANNY.
    Expert

Jul 27, 2018, 02:13 PM
    For those that have done the homework and gotten facts... you would be HERE!

Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2018, 04:56 PM
    You do get your news from strange places, a chicken tax, now there is an idea, my country could impose a chicken tarriff, as well as a tarriff on all imported food
    Expert

Jul 27, 2018, 07:43 PM
    You could eat roo meat and ban all imported food too.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2018, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You could eat roo meat and ban all imported food too.
    Hey I'm for banning all imported food, the only people who want it are unintegrated migrants. We don't have to eat the national symbol although it might cure obesity if we did, no, we have plenty of beef and sheep particularly if we stop exporting them. More than enough wheat and rice, need I go on. At what point our population becomes too large will be the question, but if we get off our backsides and turn some rivers inland then our food bowl will be as big as the US After Brexit the UK will be back looking for our exports and maybe we will tell them to stuff it
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2018, 08:28 AM
    I on the other hand can't get enough Aussie and New Zealand lamb . No nation is an island clete . :)

You may THINK you can live without imports ;but you are wrong.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2018, 08:37 AM
    Seems to me Tom may nations have done it until they became of sufficient size, I want to see my nation great again and if that means doing without live sheep and cattle exports, I'm for it, I can do without honkin great SUV too, and trains that are too big for our platforms. We have all the raw materials but I think they should leave here as products
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2018, 08:42 AM
    no economy can prosper without trade . Yours is the antiquated philosophy that the Japanese tried to cling to for centuries . They still over pay for basics like rice .
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2018, 04:18 PM
    No Tom you miss the point, If you have the ability to produce you should, if you don't, import. What galls me is we have industries in the food producing market who can supply all of our market but are forced to compete with imports because the policy of the big chain stores is to import cheap crap. Personally I don't care what happens to the Japanese or whether they open their market or not, you opened their market with gunboat diplomacy and in some ways we are still paying for your actions because it led to WWII. You are only interested in trade because you over produce and are looking for somewhere to dump your surplus.

Enjoy your NZ lamb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opinionn Piece Topic, please help, topic idea due tomorrow! [ 0 Answers ]

I am in grade 8 and need an idea of what to write about for an opinion piece. (if you are viewing this please please answer, the topic idea is due tomorrow and I can't think of anything) The topic can be on anything at all (appropriate for school) just something I have an opinion on. I don't...

Readers [ 1 Answers ]

How can you treat the subject of you essay objectively while still trying to persuade the readers of your point of view?

View more questions Search