Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmsuttonjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2018, 05:03 PM
    Month-to-Month Surcharge
    In the State of Florida, after the expiration of a one-year fixed term lease, if the tenant does not vacate, it becomes a month-to-month occupancy. Landlords are permitted to charge an additional fee, $100 or more, as a short term premium. Before being entitled to that surcharge, is the Landlord required to offer a renewal of the previous lease, for example an additional year? Would seem unfair if a Landlord could refuse to renew the lease simply to charge the additional monies.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2018, 11:53 AM
    Read your existing lease agreement. It may very well describe what happens if you non renew a lease. Some automatically become month to month and change the rate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict month-to-month room mate wthin a month of stay [ 3 Answers ]

I just have a month to month room mate who only within 2 weeks of stay started violating the terms of our agreement. I therefore decided to terminate the contract. Can I evict the person without involving the court. In other words what is the minimum days requirement (in NYC)for this kind of...

Month to month lease amended from 6 month to 12 month is it still a month to month [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original month to month lease set for 6 months At the end of the 6 months, an amendment page was added that reads for this is a 1 year lease Is this still a month to month lease?

Month to month lease Do I still have to pay the full month if I move out in 15 days [ 1 Answers ]

I am on month to month lease now. I want to tell them I want to move on the 15 of October. Am I required to pay a full month rent if I don't be there?

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

View more questions Search