Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2018, 03:59 AM
    Customer Service Question
    When a consumer/customer calls a company that provides that consumer with a good or a service, why does that company have a customer service department that does not speak the language of that company or its customer?

For example, a call to XYZ Corp hires a person who speaks fluent Tagalog, or Sanscrit, or Spanish or even pidgin English, but never standard English as spoken in English-speaking countries throughout the world. I do not count India as an English-speaking country.

I understand that workers in foreign lands can be hired at lower cost than English-speakers but is that not a false economy? One that will eventually backfire on the company in loss of business?

Here is a great marketing technique for corporations - hire workers who speak your language.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2018, 10:05 AM
    My experience: When I call customer service, especially if the person has an accent, I always ask that person where he/she is sitting. Usually the answer I get is the Philippines or sometimes a Central American country. I rarely have trouble understanding what they are saying.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2018, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My experience: When I call customer service, especially if the person has an accent, I always ask that person where he/she is sitting. Usually the answer I get is the Philippines or sometimes a Central American country. I rarely have trouble understanding what they are saying.
    I congratulate you on having miracle ears that translate foreign languages. I suggest you contact the Mayo Clinic so they can examine your ears and make copies for the rest of us.

In any case, I can't wait for my ear transplant, so I am moving tonight to The Philippines with a summer place in India so I can talk to my ear's content to all the wonderful customer service people in those countries.

SAYONARA!!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2018, 02:10 PM
    Hope you don't use drugs... they execute dealers and users in the Philippines... no trails necessary. I have been using "Chat with a live rep" for most of my customer services needs. My ears aren't that great either with some accents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Customer Service? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I have had an issue with Sears that I would like to resolve. I saw your notice to another person and would like to see if you could help me. Please replay and I will explain my situation. Thank you! fkatnik

Customer service [ 1 Answers ]

Why is team work good for central customer service

Customer service [ 3 Answers ]

How can u be a very customer service representative? What are the FAQ ON customer service?

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

-Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good? -Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service? -Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you...

View more questions Search