Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackie-in-flatrock Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2018, 05:02 PM
    Does my disconnected phone service box need a ground line?
    I accidentally cut the ground line going to my old phone service box. It is disconnected, the main line cut, I have had no land line service for a few years. The line is, however, still connected to the box, the peak of my house and the telephone pole across the street. Do I need to replace the ground wire - and if I do, can I splice it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2018, 05:13 PM
    Probably OK as is but a split bolt connector would work. Not code for current connection but works for this application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I ground wire for main service line to manufactured home [ 5 Answers ]

We are building a manufactured home one a permanent foundation. The main meter is on post by the road and is staying there. The connection is 3 pole, 4 wire 60 hertz, 200 amp to the home. I am trying to figure out if ground can run from two ground rods outside foundation to panel in house or...

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

View more questions Search